ROMPERS. . . AARGghhhh!

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Ron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: ROMPERS. . . AARGghhhh!

Post by Ron »

moonshadow wrote:
Satan seems much easier to get along with.... :twisted: :roll:
yes considering Father Satan does not care what anyone wears :twisted:
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

:lol: :lol: :lol: We have successfully drifted the ROMPER thread to Satan... a fitting end.... :lol: :lol: :twisted:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

Meet Jack the amazing 10 year old who applies makeup very well!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/video/mee ... vp-BBBh9UK
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Would Satan wear a satin romper? :twisted:
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Ron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ron »

crfriend wrote:Would Satan wear a satin romper? :twisted:
I doubt it,usually pictures I see of Satan he is not even wearing a shirt
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Ron wrote:
That's because all the pictures show her "on the clock". What does she wear in her "off hours"?
Ron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ron »

crfriend wrote:
Ron wrote:
That's because all the pictures show her "on the clock". What does she wear in her "off hours"?
why you say "her" when Satan is shown as a male ?
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Ron wrote:why you say "her" when Satan is shown as a male ?
The character is supposedly a deity. How do we know which sex/gender/persuasion/preference they're of? Can we presume our overlay our corporeal leanings on them? (And, yes, I know full well that "God" was created in man's image.)

Also, it's a deity that's specifically Christian. I had a heck of a lot of fun with a "born again" type back in the '80s when he, out of frustration, called me a "Devil worshipper" and I replied back in my politest but sternest tone, "Only Christians can believe in the Devil. I am not Christian. Therefore the Devil does not exist in my thought-space. Hence I cannot believe in, much less, worship such an entity." He shut up after that. My co-workers were figuring that it was going to come to blows. It didn't, and I wonder to this day if some of them were disappointed.
Ron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ron »

crfriend wrote:
Ron wrote:why you say "her" when Satan is shown as a male ?
The character is supposedly a deity. How do we know which sex/gender/persuasion/preference they're of? Can we presume our overlay our corporeal leanings on them? (And, yes, I know full well that "God" was created in man's image.)

Also, it's a deity that's specifically Christian. I had a heck of a lot of fun with a "born again" type back in the '80s when he, out of frustration, called me a "Devil worshipper" and I replied back in my politest but sternest tone, "Only Christians can believe in the Devil. I am not Christian. Therefore the Devil does not exist in my thought-space. Hence I cannot believe in, much less, worship such an entity." He shut up after that. My co-workers were figuring that it was going to come to blows. It didn't, and I wonder to this day if some of them were disappointed.
a while back I had some Jehovah Witness tell me that I should not be worshiping the Devil
so I told them I don't worship the Devil,I am the Devil,so does that mean that I worship my self ?
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I had an interesting discussion with my good Christian friend about the devil about a week ago, and he mentioned something I had heard before but never gave it much thought, but he had said that the devil (Satan, Lucifer, etc) according to lore is/was actually the most beautiful of all of the angels.

Have fun wiki-surfing... lots of cool stuff in there. The various mythologies that existed in the ancient middle east were many. Quite literally, had the wind just have shifted a different direction at some point in the far back past, western culture may be worshiping any number of Gods/Goddesses. (or even genderless deities)
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Ron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ron »

moonshadow wrote:I had an interesting discussion with my good Christian friend about the devil about a week ago, and he mentioned something I had heard before but never gave it much thought, but he had said that the devil (Satan, Lucifer, etc) according to lore is/was actually the most beautiful of all of the angels.

Have fun wiki-surfing... lots of cool stuff in there. The various mythologies that existed in the ancient middle east were many. Quite literally, had the wind just have shifted a different direction at some point in the far back past, western culture may be worshiping any number of Gods/Goddesses. (or even genderless deities)

yes I do know about the devil,Mephistopheles,Lucifer,Satan,Baphomet and a few others
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

All this talk about Satan makes me think of this little clip I found a few years back...

Link

"How annoying that sound is..."

"What fascinations there are on this planet... strange mortals with... curious customs..."

Indeed Satan... indeed....
-Andrea
Ron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ron »

moonshadow wrote:All this talk about Satan makes me think of this little clip I found a few years back...

Link

"How annoying that sound is..."

"What fascinations there are on this planet... strange mortals with... curious customs..."

Indeed Satan... indeed....
yes I'v seen that,it is a bit strange
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Ron wrote: yes I'v seen that,it is a bit strange
Mark Twain was an odd cat... :wink:

I wonder what he would think about men wearing skirts...?
-Andrea
rivegauche
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rivegauche »

Huckleberry Finn wore a dress and was rumbled when he caught something thrown towards him by clamping his knees together instead of widening them to catch in the skirt of his dress.