Where have so many members gone

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Re: Where have so many members gone

Post by beachlion »

JennC03 wrote:We're still around guys! Moon and I just celebrated our 14 year Wedding Anniversary May 16th. We've also been house hunting as well. Also Amber Graduated May 19th. Just busy and as Carl said Moon got locked out of the forums when changing login details.
Congratulations with both events.

I have half your mileage but I'm only 72. :wink: And I don't feel even a trace of an itch.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Gentlemen,

I know I am known for my long and lengthy post here, but in regards to the last page on this thread, I simply do not have the words to express my gratitude for you all's concern for my well being.

Thank you all very much. It's good to be missed.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

beachlion wrote:
JennC03 wrote:We're still around guys! Moon and I just celebrated our 14 year Wedding Anniversary May 16th. We've also been house hunting as well. Also Amber Graduated May 19th. Just busy and as Carl said Moon got locked out of the forums when changing login details.
Congratulations with both events.

I have half your mileage but I'm only 72. :wink: And I don't feel even a trace of an itch.
Thank you!
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

JennC03 wrote:We're still around guys! Moon and I just celebrated our 14 year Wedding Anniversary May 16th. We've also been house hunting as well. Also Amber Graduated May 19th.
Congratulations on all counts!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Jenn and Moon, so glad to see you are doing OK. :D I have limited computer available at present as I am in Colorado. Will E-Mail you when I get back home. :D
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

Thanks everyone! Glad to see you Fred!
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

Moon and Jen, glad to hear that all is well and you're still participating in the forum. Missed you there for a while.
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Moon/Jenn, congratulation but reverse the digits and that's how long MOH and I have been married. It's not been an easy ride at times and the present time is a bit turbulent but we'll get through it. We are soulmates really, I just haven't found that little key to opening the lock to her emotional heart to turn her to my skirting. But it will happen, she has come aways but still has a bit more to go.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Mugs-n-such
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mugs-n-such »

I know this is a fairly old thread but I still drop in from time to time, very seldom post though. Anyway (a belated) "hi everybody". :)
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Gary,
No other Forum members seem to play chess online.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

Congratulations Moonshadow and Jenn03 on your recent, joyful achievements.
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Thanks Dave!

We continue to, as they say, keep on keepin on! :)
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

I still drop in from time to time, but I seem to have run out of things to say about wearing a skirt. I put on a skirt and nothing ever happens, it's so uneventful! Even my wife and children have stopped complaining about them, by and large.

I've found some styles I am happy with and so my forays into Ebay have become less frequent as well. I tell myself sometimes that I should illustrate them all in my photos thread, for the edification, amusement or warning of other members, but I have been most remiss of late in that regard. Instead I let the good people of Ayrshire and Glasgow see how men can be clothed, once they open their minds and loose the shackles of convention.

My current employer (coming up for three years now) is AFAIK unaware of my skirts, though I have let them see me in my two plain kilts (not yet on view here) and they went down rather well, particularly with the women. Every so often someone will ask me when I will be wearing one again. I want to let them all know about my skirts some time, but I want to be in control of the situation, and so far the right moment just doesn't seem to have come up. There's no hurry.

My fellow choir members only get to see me in skirts, except on concert days, and even then I am generally skirted until shortly before kick-off. If I turned up to a rehearsal in tr-ouch-sers people would ask what was wrong!

The long skirts rarely come out of the wardrobe these days, as tights have become the order of the day in winter and other cold times (of which there are plenty in Scotland). They are partly covered by an array of short or knee-length skirts, depending on the weather.

I should mark all threads here as "read" and re-join the conversation; the ways I waste spend time on the internet these days are no more productive than SC!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Alastair, that's wonderful news pretty much all the way 'round! 'Tis good to read you once again, and I'm pleased that things are going swimmingly. Great to hear of your family's acceptance.

Brilliant use of the term "loose" by the way ("loose the shackles of convention"). It's rare to see it properly used as a verb, so when it shows up it's a joy to see; usually it's the illiterates' misspelling of "lose".
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

SkirtsDad has returned wearing the best of the minimalist skirted wear.

He is sharp as ever and with a smile sadly missed and a blessing to have him back.

Too much clothing and covering - a boring subject ! Nothing to see here move on !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !