local members

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Karl

local members

Post by Karl »

is there and members here from leicestershire or the east midlands.
and also does anyone know what pubs i can go to for a beer wearing a skirt with tights and ladies shoes either with my wife or possibly meet up with a member from this site
was thinking is it better to use gay bars !!!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: local members

Post by Sinned »

The clientele, if hostile, should be the only reason not to frequent a pub. And, no, I wouldn't use gay bars unless you are into gay culture. Think about it, gay men generally DON'T wear skirts. Of the group Village People all of them are wearing trousers of some description. I rest my case.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Disaffected.citizen
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Disaffected.citizen »

I agree with Sinned on avoiding the gay bars, unless that's your scene.

As far as pubs go, from experience (albeit over five years ago) just go for it. If you're talking about a town/city centre pub, the bigger risk will likely be after hours; keep your wits about you. Out of town you might have the regulars turn their heads, but you should be OK.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Karl wrote:is there and members here from leicestershire or the east midlands.
and also does anyone know what pubs i can go to for a beer wearing a skirt with tights and ladies shoes either with my wife or possibly meet up with a member from this site
was thinking is it better to use gay bars !!!
Although I've been to the UK, I'm certainly no expert on the pub scene there. However, since you can freely wear a skirt just about anywhere, I presume you can wear one to just about any pub.

There's no connection between skirt-wearing and being gay, so I don't foresee any special reason for you (and your wife) to concentrate on gay pubs. Just go to the same sort of place you'd usually go to.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.