Vintage skirt

News from High Street, for the Fashionistas among us! Couture only here please; if you can buy it off the rack, try another forum.
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Vintage skirt

Post by skirted_in_SF »

I saw this skirt featured in a Wall Street Journal story about luxe vintage fashions in today's (January 7th) Wall Street Journal. Now this is what I call a skirt, lots of soft pleats and I bet it would be sensual to walk around in. Now if it just didn't cost US$1.575 and have a 26" waist measure. :(

https://ladoublej.com/shop/vintage-clot ... irt-1980s/
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Vintage skirt

Post by crfriend »

Oh my. That is a beauty! But at 45" long even I'd have to wear heels to keep the hem off the deck, not to mention the 26" waist measurement is about a foot too small.

Who could actually wear such a thing? The geometry boggles the imagination. (However, I imagine the effect would be electrifying.)
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Even if worn at the Empire Waist and with heels the proportions would be way out of "A"linement.
Something about a lot of dress (skirt) and then a whole lot more of a skirt followed by a skirt made by Omar the tent maker !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirted_in_SF »

crfriend wrote:Oh my. That is a beauty! But at 45" long even I'd have to wear heels to keep the hem off the deck, not to mention the 26" waist measurement is about a foot too small.

Who could actually wear such a thing? The geometry boggles the imagination. (However, I imagine the effect would be electrifying.)
Good heavens, I didn't notice the stated length. I wonder if it is an error, I have a couple of 36" skirts that reach my ankles when worn with the waistband between my navel and pelvis bone. You've got to watch them when ascending stairs. :shock:
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

At 45" it has to be worn up at my armpits as a sleeveless dress, but the top would have to be about 8" wider.
Joeh

Post by Joeh »

crfriend wrote:Oh my. That is a beauty! But at 45" long even I'd have to wear heels to keep the hem off the deck, not to mention the 26" waist measurement is about a foot too small.

Hi yes it is lovely