Body Aware Blog Post & Video

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
KasparHauser

Body Aware Blog Post & Video

Post by KasparHauser »

Friday, Body Aware posted a blog article about men in skirts. In the blog post they announce that they are in the process of designing a skirt(s) for men. So think about popping over a leaving an encouraging comment on the blogpost. Included in the post is a video about a few men trying skirts for a week for the first time. https://bodyaware.com/blogs/news/skirts ... 9#comments
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Body Aware Blog Post & Video

Post by partlyscot »

Umm, isn't that just an Unaligned skirt from Skirtcraft?

http://skirtcraft.com/
DonP

Post by DonP »

I like the idea of making more skirts designed for men. I know that not everyone here feels the same, but I prefer looking like a man in a skirt and not like I am dressing up like a woman. I wear only kilts right now because there is a short supply of men's skirts. Even if you don't feel the same, I think pushing for more "men's" skirts would help make them more popular and we would all benefit.
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

DonP wrote: Even if you don't feel the same, I think pushing for more "men's" skirts would help make them more popular and we would all benefit.
I do feel the same. I don't actually have an objection to wearing women's skirts either, as long as they fit, and the "look" works.

What I am saying is the picture of the "Prototype" is actually a Skirtcraft Unaligned skirt, not a copy. Pull up some images from Skirtcraft's site and compare them.
finrod
Distinguished Member

Post by finrod »

partlyscot wrote:What I am saying is the picture of the "Prototype" is actually a Skirtcraft Unaligned skirt, not a copy. Pull up some images from Skirtcraft's site and compare them.
You are correct. They bought a Skirtcraft skirt and presented it as their own prototype. I noticed it, too, and sent them a polite email encouraging them in their men's skirt foray, but asking them to correct the post.
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by renesm1 »

finrod wrote:
partlyscot wrote:What I am saying is the picture of the "Prototype" is actually a Skirtcraft Unaligned skirt, not a copy. Pull up some images from Skirtcraft's site and compare them.
You are correct. They bought a Skirtcraft skirt and presented it as their own prototype. I noticed it, too, and sent them a polite email encouraging them in their men's skirt foray, but asking them to correct the post.
You should at least get an image credit and possibly a URL link back to you!
Please visit http://www.absolutegadget.com for the latest gadgets and games news and reviews
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirted_in_SF »

finrod wrote:
I thought it looked familiar. :shock:
Someone posted a link to that site on another forum. I replied telling them there already was a men's skirt out in the world and added a link to the Skirtcraft site.
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

finrod wrote:
I sent them an email as well, just pointing it out, would like to know if you get a response.
finrod
Distinguished Member

Post by finrod »

partlyscot wrote:I sent them an email as well, just pointing it out, would like to know if you get a response.
I didn't get an email response, but I just managed to get a hold of their customer service via web chat. They've taken the Skirtcraft photo down now. During the customer service chat, I did again make sure to again express my support for their development of a men's skirt!