Favorite M.U.G. one liners and comebacks

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Pleats

Re: Favorite M.U.G. one liners and comebacks

Post by Pleats »

question: "why are you dressed like a women?"
answer: "If I wanted to dress like a women I would be wearing blue jeans"
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Pleats wrote:question: "why are you dressed like a women?"
"
What make you think I am dressed as a woman?

"you are wearing a skirt"

Oh that make two of us then, women wear pants and you are wearing pants.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
melsav
Member Extraordinaire

Post by melsav »

When asked "what you wearing under your kilt" reply " that's for me to know and you to fantasise about" :D
Darryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Darryl »

melsav wrote:When asked "what you wearing under your kilt" reply " that's for me to know and you to fantasise about" :D
I prefer: "Aye lass, but good girls don't ask, while naughty girls find out." :twisted:
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

How about: the blue silk ribbon you left
http://www.irishsongs.com/lyrics.php?Ac ... ong_id=326
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

6ft3Aussie wrote:On the other side of the coin, when a woman asks you what you are wearing under your skirt or kilt, you could reply by asking her why she considers it to be OK to ask a man what's up his skirt or kilt, when it is clearly sexist and offensive to ask the same question to a woman.

My thoughts on that one.
Some years ago when I was wearing my kilt for the office Xmas party. one of the secretaries asked "Are you wearing anything under that?" I simply gave her a wthering look and pointed out that if I had asked the same quesion, I would be up for disciplinary proceedings. She looked a bit crestfallen and her head went down, embarrassed.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

skirtingtoday wrote:Some years ago when I was wearing my kilt for the office Xmas party. one of the secretaries asked "Are you wearing anything under that?" I simply gave her a wthering look and pointed out that if I had asked the same quesion, I would be up for disciplinary proceedings. She looked a bit crestfallen and her head went down, embarrassed.
That's about the best way of dealing with it, although I usually try to take the empathy approach and ask, "How would you feel if I asked you the same question?" in a slightly sad tone, not an accusatory one. That is just not acceptable territory for strangers to be on -- and alcohol is no excuse for it, either. At least it would seem that your co-worker got the message.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!