Where have so many members gone

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Disaffected.citizen
Member Extraordinaire

Where have so many members gone

Post by Disaffected.citizen »

In compiling the list of membership ranks here I noticed many old (and not so old) names who haven't posted in a while. I know some look in every once in a while, whilst others have left the ranks for good; but wonder how Dillon, Reaperman, Big and Bashful, and Wsherman, to name but a few amongst many, many others (too many to list, so please don't be offended or feel unmissed if I've left you out), are getting along? Anyone and everyone, please say "Hi" if you're still around!
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Where have so many members gone

Post by Ralph »

Hi.
Ralph!
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Post by john62 »

Hi

John62
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

HI! :rock:

Fred :kiltdance:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Kilted Musician
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted Musician »

Hi! I've been off the board for quite some time due to family issues. Still wearing my kilts and skirts!

--Rick
Disaffected.citizen
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Disaffected.citizen »

Kilted Musician wrote:Hi! I've been off the board for quite some time due to family issues. Still wearing my kilts and skirts!

--Rick
Glad to hear you're still kilted and skirted; sorry to hear about family issues, but they are are more important than posting here. Looking forward to your full return!
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Hi.

I look at this board most days, even if I don't have much to say.
trainspotter48
Member Extraordinaire

Post by trainspotter48 »

I'm still around - looking in most days.
Being in Britain, a kilt is generally acceptable attire (with MOH as much as anyone else), although not so common in the West of England where I live, but that is how I'm usually dressed.
There are suppliers in Scotland who can supply an imported kilt for about the same price as tr**sers, so it's not that expensive!
ChrisM
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ChrisM »

Hi.

As so many others have said, it has just gotten to the point that skirt wearing is now longer a big deal. It's not 'scary' as it was in the early days, when I needed y'all to hold my hand and tell me it's OK. Instead, I just wear my skirts when I want to and go on about my business.

I do still attempt to consciously manage my iconoclasm. Since I teach a one year Master's Degree program I get a new cohort of students every September. For their sake I eschew skirt wearing through about the first half of Term I, so that they get to know me first. (Bear in mind that the "me" that they meet is already wearing earrings and heels, so it's not too vanilla. :) )

But I do check the Cafe daily. Y'all are part of my first cup of coffee in the morning!

All the best,

Chris
Dick Ackerman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dick Ackerman »

Hello all.

Yes I am still around. I go back to the days of Tom's Cafe. I am now retired and wear my skirts and kilts as part of my normal wardrobe daily. Just simply no big deal. I go anywhere I would go in pants, stores, bars, gathering, whatever. I am now able to Play guitar as my full time profession and yes it can be in a kilt or skirt at the discretion of the band leader. As a side note, it seems as thou the woman love it and most men are scared of it but generally supportive as one bass player put it one night anyone who can rock a utility kilt and a pink Stratocaster (I do play a Pink Strat for time to time but normally I play a Blue PRS) has Brass gonads, I do check in most every day to see what is going on. And I wish everyone well with their adventures and experiments.
Dottie

Post by Dottie »

Still here
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Dick Ackerman wrote:[...] as one bass player put it one night anyone who can rock a utility kilt and a pink Stratocaster [...] has Brass gonads [...]
Thank you for that one. I darned near spat out my beer upon reading it. I suspect it was more the pink Strat than the utility kilt.

Why does the image of a pink Stratocaster remind me of a hot-pink "Hello Kitty" AR-15?
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Why do you think most men are scared of it, Dick? Is it what they say or what they do?

And what exactly do you think they are scared of? Your confidence in breaking the law that men don't wear skirts? That you might be gay and might chat them up? That men's skirts might catch on and their friends might start wearing them?

I am intrigued!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Tor
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Tor »

DC, if you are wondering about someone who hasn't posted in a while, you can see when they last read the forum while logged in by checking their profile page. I'm pretty sure you have to be logged in to see at least most of the info (and rightly so).
human@world# ask_question --recursive "By what legitimate authority?"
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

I come on this site 3-4 times a day to check for any updates, but there is only so much you can write about a skirt.