Find on HubPages

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
happykilt

Find on HubPages

Post by happykilt »

Maybe this is somewhat interesting: Men Rappers Wearing Skirts That's Not Swag Dude
http://hubpages.com/style/Famousrapperswearingskirts

The authors comment in the comment section puts it pretty well up:
"The boys need to leave the dresses and skirts to the women, especially in America's fashion. God has the dress code in the Bible, they can't say that they didn't get the memo. :)"
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Find on HubPages

Post by crfriend »

It's always interesting to see what arguments the naysayers are using, but this one is the usual ignorant rubbish. It's hardly worth the electrons that were (ab)used to create it.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Thanks for the link. It brings home the reality, by some of the commentary, that there are still flat earthers around today. Thankfully I can close the tab and am physically far removed (I hope) from these bigots.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Judah14
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Judah14 »

Here are three words for those flat earthers: Haters. Gonna. Hate. :D
らき☆
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Well... not much to say about that then. There is a world outside of whatever backward state the author of that article is from... I guess she makes allowances for kilts and St Patricks Day... :roll:

Diddy was playing in Scotland hence the kilt. Kanye was promoting leather kilts for Givenchy but didn't have the guts to wear it properly with nothing underneath hence the trousers with it... and ASAP Rocky looks smart in his dress :wink:
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

Women who wear pants [trousers] have no room to criticize men who wear unbifurcated garments (kilts, skirts, dresses, or robes).

John
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

JohnH wrote:Women who wear pants [trousers] have no room to criticize men who wear unbifurcated garments (kilts, skirts, dresses, or robes).John

Right on John :thumright: I could not have said it better myself. :lol:

Fred :kiltdance:

"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Disaffected.citizen
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Disaffected.citizen »

Since tbat particular "Hub" article was written about three years ago and had garnered just 15 comments, I think most of its readers have just "moved on" rather than waste valuable time responding to an incoherant rant.

It's a bit of a shame, really, because some of the author's other submissions suggest thought. Is the article designed to provoke thoughtful comments? Maybe I'm reading too much into it!
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

happykilt wrote:...The authors comment in the comment section puts it pretty well up:
"The boys need to leave the dresses and skirts to the women, especially in America's fashion. God has the dress code in the Bible, they can't say that they didn't get the memo.)"
Except that nobody in the Bible ever wore pants.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

Caultron wrote:
happykilt wrote:...The authors comment in the comment section puts it pretty well up:
"The boys need to leave the dresses and skirts to the women, especially in America's fashion. God has the dress code in the Bible, they can't say that they didn't get the memo.)"
Except that nobody in the Bible ever wore pants.
I might add in ancient Rome respectable men did not wear pants [trousers]. Only women and barbarians from the North wore them in Rome. Pants were known as feminalia.

John
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

Who took the C out of Rap?

I couldn't care less what anybody says about rap stars, positive or negative. The whole scene is a waste of breath. My reasons for wearing skirts, and my "style" is several light years away. One only has to consider the "thug" look, and as for those idiots walking around with their pants around their bum, what more needs to be said?
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Charlie »

partlyscot wrote:Who took the C out of Rap?
I couldn't care less what anybody says about rap stars, positive or negative. The whole scene is a waste of breath.
Agreed. In the Folk sub-culture a rapper is someone who dances with several other with swords (bendy lengths of metal with handles at each end, possibly as used in the tanning industry). Watching them dance is a whole lot more interesting than listening to the monotonous droning of someone who can't sing properly. And is somewhat more energetic!
See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwW_g0bK6NM for an example of rapping.

Charlie
If I want to dress like a woman, I'll wear jeans.
Couya
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Couya »

Charlie wrote: See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwW_g0bK6NM for an example of rapping.
Another example of women taking over men's activities !

Traditional dancng -- good exercise for brain and body. I love it.

Martin
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

You are right, Martin. But at least the man is still the boss - he is the only one who shows of the star of five swords!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair