Favourite shoes

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Favourite shoes

Post by SkirtsDad »

P1100786sc.JPG
Though it might be nice to get some detailed shots of the type of footwear people like. Anyway, I've started the ball rolling, so would be nice to get a collection going here. I'll post a few more later. Need to look out some shots first and crop them down a bit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Favourite shoes

Post by SkirtsDad »

My favourite every day footwear as they are so comfortable.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I am jealous!! They look great but I have looked and looked for shoes to fit my 'Flintstone Feet" :cry: :cry: No one has any that I can get locally and I have tried to buy on-line but end up sending them back as too small (It gets costly sending them back).

Fred :kiltdance:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

Franinskirts wrote:I am jealous!! They look great but I have looked and looked for shoes to fit my 'Flintstone Feet" :cry: :cry: No one has any that I can get locally and I have tried to buy on-line but end up sending them back as too small (It gets costly sending them back).

Sorry to hear you're not having much luck with shoes. Not sure what size you are. The woman who runs the local charity shop also has problems. She wears size 10 UK shoes - 45 EU. However, it's good for some of the customers as she sometimes gives her own shoes to the shop to resell. I've seen some large shoe sizes on Amazon, but the choice tends to be a bit restricted. Sounds like we might be a bit luckier here in the UK on returns. Most of the online shops, or at least the ones I use, have free returns.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

SkirtsDad wrote:...Most of the online shops, or at least the ones I use, have free returns.
Yes, free returns on shoes bought online are definitely a feature to look for. I've sent back about a third of all those I ordered, and in the future I'll probably send back more.

I mean, you order your regular size, you put them on, they hurt, and you send them back. If somebody's going to sell online, they have to expect that.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

SkirtsDad wrote:Sorry to hear you're not having much luck with shoes. Not sure what size you are. The woman who runs the local charity shop also has problems. She wears size 10 UK shoes - 45 EU. However, it's good for some of the customers as she sometimes gives her own shoes to the shop to resell. I've seen some large shoe sizes on Amazon, but the choice tends to be a bit restricted. Sounds like we might be a bit luckier here in the UK on returns. Most of the online shops, or at least the ones I use, have free returns.
I wear a size 13 www [US] in a woman's shoe. I just wish we could get more stores to carry the larger sizes in shop not just on line. The few that do have some larger sizes still charge postage for returns. I need to be able to try shoes on before buying even in men's shoes.

"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

The majority of mine come from ebay or charity shops. I've only had a couple of pairs off ebay that haven't fitted well, but since I rarely pay more than about £7 ($10) including p&p then it's not been a big deal.
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

Hopefully these shoes speak for themselves :-)
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

SkirtsDad wrote:Hopefully these shoes speak for themselves :-)
Loud and clear!! :hide: :rofl: :hide:

Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

I take US size 13 wide, UK11, so anything remotely feminine had to be sought on the Net. When I crossdressed I could really only cope with solid courts with absolute max. 3" heel.
Nowadays my favourites are slip-on strong deck shoes.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

Kirbstone wrote:I take US size 13 wide, UK11, so anything remotely feminine had to be sought on the Net.
I guess size does make a difference then :wink: I'm fortunate to have a lot of choice as I'm a UK 7 (US women's 9-10). Being under-tall I don't look out of place in heels, which I love to wear. For chilling I usually put on a pair of Bloch or Active Camel ballet flats.

Nice to see shoe pics from someone else too, finally. Hopefully we can get a few more.
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

Brand new from the charity shop. Wondering if they are a sample as there are no markings other than the leather mark.
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

Finally getting organised. Just the rest of the shelving that didn't arrive that's holding me back.
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

Wow. That's quite a collection. I'm jealous! I need a woman's size 13 wide and there just isn't much variety in those behemoths.
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

Gordon wrote:Wow. That's quite a collection. I'm jealous! I need a woman's size 13 wide and there just isn't much variety in those behemoths.
You have my sympathies. Unless you are into fetish footwear, such as Pleaser then I think you are limited to mostly mary janes and a few flats. I am rather lucky I'm a 40-41 eu/7-8 uk/9-10 us (w) so there's a lot of choice.

Here's the main section again but finished this time: