Damián Márquez, fashion Designer includes men's skirts

News from High Street, for the Fashionistas among us! Couture only here please; if you can buy it off the rack, try another forum.
SkirtRevolution
Member Extraordinaire

Damián Márquez, fashion Designer includes men's skirts

Post by SkirtRevolution »

Damián Márquez, fashion Designer includes men's skirts in his Autumn & Winter 2011 collection!

These skirts look great and are very "street wearable". You can see this collection at

http://www.damianmarquez.com/collection ... llection=4
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Damián Márquez, fashion Designer includes men's skirts

Post by renesm1 »

Agreed - they are very wearable!
Please visit http://www.absolutegadget.com for the latest gadgets and games news and reviews
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Both of those are the same garment. There is a better picture of it here. The site calls it a kilt; I suspect traditionalists may have a problem with that description...

I have to say the skirt is probably wearable, but to my eyes looks rather scruffy for a £181 garment (plus £5 for UK postage from his online shop). However, I need not worry; his sizing makes it quite plain that he is not aiming it at me!

He also has a couple of short, taylored, mens jackets in the range, which may be of interest as an accompanyment to go with a skirt. They can be seen here and here and a couple of other more casual styles might interest some.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
Jack Williams
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jack Williams »

That is certainly a skirt and never a kilt. But the nomenclature makes it more immediatly acceptable to the casual browser-by, and will perhaps lead said person to a closer appraisal of Men In Skirts.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Must agree with Jack. However, a skirt with buckles maybe a kilt, a question of definition. The look's O.K. but the price does not match.
Steve.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Aye a SKIRT but not a kilt !
Is NOT a true kilt !
While this skirt has pleats (not regulation knife or box) and fastens with straps it is NOT a kilt !
A kilt has the pleats at the rear of the garmet !
A kilt has the fastening straps if any on the right hip and perhaps one on the left but not in the middle of the apron !
A kilt is never longer than knee length exception the womens kilted skirt !

"Kilted-Enough-To-Know-A-Kilt-When-I-See-One"
rma
Life Member Brotherhood of the Kilt
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

I'm all the way with RMA on this one.

Tom K.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

The clips that fasten it look like they've been taken from a rucksack. Maybe he's trying make it look rugged and manly, but I reckon leather straps and ordinary buckles would look better (and just as masculine, if not more so).

£181 and he can't be bothered finishing it off properly at then hem. Tut tut!

I will spend my money elsewhere. (Unless Mrs Skirtyscot spends it first, as usual.)
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
SkirtRevolution
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtRevolution »

All of us here are more than happy to wear skirts and none of us feel it diminishes our masculinity as we know that skirt are also a men’s garment, so we don't need "incentives to try a skirt. Whereas, this is more targeted to those who would call themselves fashionistas (and it the fashionistas that introduce new concepts into mainstream fashion). I think this skirt has been made rugged with an unfinished messy look to make it more masculine and I think the designer has done a great job at this. I am also sure that the designer knows it’s nothing like a traditional kilt but it’s a good way to make men feel that it’s made for them. More designers now than ever are introducing skirts in their collections and they seem to be fishing for a skirt that guys will be happy wearing. All in all it shows that times are changing in our favour where the skirt is being viewed more and more as a unisex garment and even though most here will not go for this design it is an excellent way to introduce skirts to the mainstream population.