Ryo Yamazaki and Kohji Yanagi Designing men's skirts

News from High Street, for the Fashionistas among us! Couture only here please; if you can buy it off the rack, try another forum.
SkirtRevolution
Member Extraordinaire

Ryo Yamazaki and Kohji Yanagi Designing men's skirts

Post by SkirtRevolution »

Yamazaki and Kohji Yanagi Designing men's skirts. There company is called BREAKS. These designs are masculine and look awesome. This is their 2011-12 collection

http://www.breaks-london.com/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Ryo Yamazaki and Kohji Yanagi Designing men's skirts

Post by r.m.anderson »

Nice "But" when are the idiot fashionistas going to realize that PANTS & SKIRTS do not go together ?!?
The womens fashion do not sport this concept.
What is with it that man has to wear pants to go with a skirt ?
Maybe hosiery or tights but certainly not pants !
Only in the very northern climates would it be OK to wear pants under skirts 'outside in the elements' but inside remove the damn pants!

Whew ! That was a volatile soap box tirade !

"A-Pro-Skirt-(Kilt)-Anti-Pants-Posting"
rma
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
SkirtRevolution
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtRevolution »

r.m.anderson wrote:Nice "But" when are the idiot fashionistas going to realize that PANTS & SKIRTS do not go together ?!?
The womens fashion do not sport this concept.
What is with it that man has to wear pants to go with a skirt ?
Maybe hosiery or tights but certainly not pants !
Only in the very northern climates would it be OK to wear pants under skirts 'outside in the elements' but inside remove the damn pants!

Whew ! That was a volatile soap box tirade !

"A-Pro-Skirt-(Kilt)-Anti-Pants-Posting"
rma
I agree, but at the same time its a step in the right dirrection and a win for men in skirts. It seems to be that this is the way they are introducing the concept of men's skirts into the mainstream market. Once men become comfortable sporting a skirt over pants then naturally men will start wearing them without. Any step towards fashion freedom and removing this prejudice towards men in skirts, doesn't matter how small, is great news for us.

I think also they are trying to match the whole skirt and legging look that the girls wear now, so its running with other current fashions on the street.
GerdG
Member Extraordinaire

Post by GerdG »

SkirtRevolution wrote: I agree, but at the same time its a step in the right dirrection and a win for men in skirts. It seems to be that this is the way they are introducing the concept of men's skirts into the mainstream market. Once men become comfortable sporting a skirt over pants then naturally men will start wearing them without. Any step towards fashion freedom and removing this prejudice towards men in skirts, doesn't matter how small, is great news for us.
I think also they are trying to match the whole skirt and legging look that the girls wear now, so its running with other current fashions on the street.
I so much agree.

http://www.breaks-london.com/index.php? ... -aw-11-12/

It's a good starting point.

Greg
GerdG

There ARE viable alternatives to trousers.