Kilt with high heels

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
rick401r
Member Extraordinaire

Kilt with high heels

Post by rick401r »

Next month I will participate in the charity event Walk A Mile In Her Shoes. This is in support to stop rape and gender violence. I've looked at several photos and videos and noticed many men wear skirts and dresses. My wife does not want me to wear any of my skirts so I agreed to wear my Black Watch kilt with a pair of gold high heels I found on Ebay. I think I'll match the outfit with a wide gold belt. I'll also be wearing the tee shirt they hand out for the event. Hope to have the wife take some photos if she'll even go with me. (If she doesn't go I think I'll change into one of my skirts)
DALederle
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Kilt with high heels

Post by DALederle »

I applaud the good you're trying to do.
But your wife does have her POV too and in a marriage it is often good to keep her in mind when you do things. Keep in mind thet I AM NOT telling YOU what to do.
The only point I can see in your plans is wearing "fem" with the very masculine kilt, which most of the Bravehearts want to keep clearly masculine. A skirt and heels would go together. But a kilt and heels?????????????????????
Keep in mind that I love heels. I own a pair and wear them too. Not often but I do wear them when I can.
Now if it was a wedge heeled boot it might fit well with the theme of a kilt. But other types of heels probably wouldn't. But that's an image problem that we always have to deal with when we choose to be men wearing skirts.
So it's all up to you.
Personally, if I could get my wife to go with me, I certainly choose a kilt with masculine shoes or boots, just so she were with me. I value, highly, any time I can spend with my wife. There little enough of time we can spend together.
Good luck either way!
Dennis A. Lederle
:D
Bob
Barista Emeritus

Post by Bob »

I agree, a kilt and heels would seem to be a fashion disaster of sorts. I can't think of how it would look good on anyone.

But this is not a fashion show, it's a "walk in HER shoes" event, seemingly meant to raise awareness (yours and others) of some of the gender-related issues faced by women. And what better way to do that than wearing heels --- not the easiest shoes to walk in, or the most comfortable to wear for long periods, and yet a kind of shoes worn frequently by women.

I'm sure the exercise will serve its empathic mission. Have fun and take pictures too!
rick401r
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rick401r »

Bob wrote:I agree, a kilt and heels would seem to be a fashion disaster of sorts. I can't think of how it would look good on anyone.
But that's the point; manly men in high heels. I would rather wear one of my skirts but the wife wouldn't go for it.
I realize this is not the image all of you here want to project, but it's all in fun and for a cause I care about.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

rick401r wrote:I realize this is not the image all of you here want to project, but it's all in fun and for a cause I care about.
In this case -- for this type of special event -- I think we can forgive the faux-pas of high heels with a kilt. ;)
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
DALederle
Member Extraordinaire

Post by DALederle »

Be sure and tell us all about the event when it occurs! And pictures would be nice too!
I hope your wife agrees to go with you. Most men in skirts need a bit of support within our families, wives especially.
We should always try to "walk a mile" in her shoes (heels) when dealing with women's problems. How many years did our culture ignore our women as if they didn't count at all. Yet how important were women to us over those years? Very important I would say.
So, God speed and good luck!
I hope your wife joins you!

Dennis A. Lederle

:D
SkirtedViking
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtedViking »

High Heels are another item of the forbidden for males fashion as skirts are.Males and heels - you have my yes!
There is nothing worse than double standard!
rick401r
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rick401r »

SkirtedViking wrote:High Heels are another item of the forbidden for males fashion as skirts are.Males and heels - you have my yes!
Thanks S.V.!
Bob
Barista Emeritus

Post by Bob »

I take back my original assessment. I think that kilt and high-heel pumps would be a fashion faux-pas. But a kilt with the right high-heel boots could look pretty awesome. You don't want spike heels, but rather the kind where the heels have at least a silver-dollar size surface area.

http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/long-be ... heel-boots

See Stacked-Hell Boots:
http://www.refinery29.com/40-womens-sho ... fall-4.php
rick401r
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rick401r »

I know many disapproved of my plan to wear a kilt with high heels but I did it anyway and I think I pulled it off okay. After all, it was for a charity event and was meant to be humorous.
100_1368AB.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JRMILLER
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JRMILLER »

Rick,
Considering the purpose of the event, I think the look is perfect. You must have been drinking to get up the nerve, eh? Your face is all fuzzy. I tend to look that way too after a couple of good drinks!

Well done!
-John

You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself (Rick Nelson "Garden Party")
SkirtedViking
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtedViking »

rick401r wrote:I know many disapproved of my plan to wear a kilt with high heels but I did it anyway and I think I pulled it off okay. After all, it was for a charity event and was meant to be humorous.
100_1368AB.jpg
I do not find it humorous at all.It looks good overall. In my opinion, the top is unappropriate,especially the colour.Maybe another model upper clothing would fit better,nice belt and heels though.
There is nothing worse than double standard!
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

High Heels are another item of the forbidden for males fashion as skirts are.Males and heels - you have my yes!
You don't have MY yes. I know men have worn skirted garments for the last million years, from animal skins to modern leather skirts, I never saw any kind of high or stiletto heels in any drawings or paintings of men who were wearing skirted garments and wearing extra high heels as a normal street wear accessory. Seems if you were discussing normal heel sandals or even medium heeled boots, like "cowboy boots", we'd all agree with you, but not with 4 inch + heels on any type shoes for men. :blue:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
rick401r
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rick401r »

SkirtedViking wrote:I do not find it humorous at all.It looks good overall. In my opinion, the top is unappropriate,especially the colour.Maybe another model upper clothing would fit better,nice belt and heels though.
The top was the tee shirt they gave us to wear for the walk. the color would not have been my choice either.

Skip, sorry you don't approve.
TomH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by TomH »

Does anyone remember this was a special event that he was supporting???

TomH