Hi from Frosty

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Frosty

Hi from Frosty

Post by Frosty »

Just wanted to say hi, I am Frosty (John) from the UK. I am been browsing this forum for a while now, don't know why I never signed up, but I have now.

I have been skirting for many years now, mostly in private. I really like the comfort and feel of skirts but am not brave enough to go fully public, my fear of being made fun of and shocking my family is stopping me. I have worn skirts in public though, but only in places where nobody will know me. I have tried on and bought skirts in shops and generally been out and about while skirted, apart from one recent bad experience it has mostly been a non event. I did experiment wearing a dress out once, this was the bad experience. I must have looked very strange, a bloke with a few days beard growth, in a dress wearing trainers. I was walking down a quiet road at night when 3 teenage boys rounded the corner and walked straight towards me, they spotted me and started shouting and laughing at me. I couldn't get out of there fast enough. I have not been out in public since that night, dresses, even though comfortable, are a step too far and off the agenda.

I am now hoping that skirts for men will become popular and I can start wearing them again. I keep looking at the news section hoping to find signs of encouragement, but, it is not mainstream yet. I really admire the people here who are brave enough wear skirts without fear and not care what other people think. Keep up the good work, hopefully, all men can be comfortable wearing skirts in public at some point in the future.

Frosty
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Hi from Frosty

Post by Big and Bashful »

Where in the UK? North South East or not?
I live on what used to be the Wet(West) coast of Scotland, until this cold dry sunny year happened. I never thought Hogmanay would be too damn cold to go kilted! but it was.
Apart from the kllt, I am like you, still lacking the courage to be more openly skirted, but starting to plan for a Scottish camping trip going skirted up North to some of the more spectacular bits, come the Summer.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Frosty

Post by Frosty »

I am from Yorkshire where it has been very cold recently, certainly not skirting weather. It should get warmer soon, people will start wearing skirts again, I wish I could be one of them :( The west coast of Scotland is a great place, good luck with the trip up North.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Hi Frosty and :welcome:

Glad you could stop by :!:

Since you've been lurking a while, just get a cup, grab a chair
and join in on any of the conversations around. :mrgreen:

We've a fine group here, and each respects others opinions,
styles and all agree that skirts will become main-stream for
men. We don't know how long it will take but we look
forward to that day :!:

Kilt/Skirt on :!:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
learsi

Post by learsi »

Mucho gusto soy colombiano, y desde hace dos años estoy usando vestidos enteros con falda, es muy comodo, y la gente es muy respetuosa han admirado mucho mis vestidos, yo los diseño y los confecciono; yo los uso casi todo el tiempo. Solo cuando asisto al colegio de mis hijos y ellos estan alli me toca ir en pantalon o cuando por fuerza mayor salgo con mi esposa me toca ponerme el pantalon ; pues ella tien mucho temor delque diran.
que bueno encontrar personas que buscan salud y comodidad.
gracias.
Frosty wrote:I am from Yorkshire where it has been very cold recently, certainly not skirting weather. It should get warmer soon, people will start wearing skirts again, I wish I could be one of them :( The west coast of Scotland is a great place, good luck with the trip up North.
Moderator note: Welcome, learsi, but please be aware that most of the folks here at SkirtCafe are mono-lingual English-speakers.

For those of us monoglots, here's a machine translation from the original Spanish:
Much taste I am Colombian, and for two years I am using dressed whole in skirt, he is very comfortable, and people are very respectful have admired much my dresses, design I them I make and them; use I them almost all along. Only when I attend the school of my children and they they estan there is called on to me to go in trousers or when by greater force I leave with my wife is called on to me to put the trousers to me; then it tien much fear delque diran. that good for finding people who look for health and comfort. thanks.