You Get a Chopova Lowena Skirt, Everybody Gets a Chopova Lowena Skirt

News from High Street, for the Fashionistas among us! Couture only here please; if you can buy it off the rack, try another forum.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

You Get a Chopova Lowena Skirt, Everybody Gets a Chopova Lowena Skirt

Post by Coder »

https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/chopova- ... s23-skirt/
For Spring/Summer 2023, Emma Chopova and Laura Lowena devised several fresh takes on the hit skirt, riffing on the silhouette in denim, floral-embroidered silk, and what appeared to be woven tapestry. Styled on male and female models, the skirt was worn both high on the waist and slung around the hips, likely a nod to fashion's taste for all things low-rise.
I'll be honest - I kinda like the tapestry skirt. Horrified at how much it would cost, and IMHO, not certain I'd like it in person.

Looking at the designer's style - it would be such a simple skirt to create. Just pleat some fabric, punch a few holes in that and a wide leather belt, buy some carabiners, done!

I couldn't find out if they are modeling these on guys but selling them as women's, or if they are going to market them to men.
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Re: You Get a Chopova Lowena Skirt, Everybody Gets a Chopova Lowena Skirt

Post by FLbreezy »

All I can think of is the amount of noise that would make in the washing machine.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

FLbreezy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:22 pm All I can think of is the amount of noise that would make in the washing machine.
Hahaha, that’s funny. Seems more and more there are ads for men wearing skirts. Nice to see
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

I found a price for one at £650 UK so certainly not for "everybody".
The designs are good but the price, which is not the highest, is prohibitive to say the least.
Steve.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

STEVIE wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:00 pm I found a price for one at £650 UK so certainly not for "everybody".
The designs are good but the price, which is not the highest, is prohibitive to say the least.
Steve.
I'm so tempted to make my own version of this, but my guess is it would turn out like all my previous attempts at sewing skirts - weird, awkward, and a bit bizarre. Speaking of which, when I run across them I will post them for a "laugh".
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Coder wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:18 pm weird, awkward, and a bit bizarre. Speaking of which, when I run across them I will post them for a "laugh".
Bodycon suggested that we create a skirt from a hacked curtain and display the results at Christmas Time.
I'm up for it, could be a hoot.
Steve.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

STEVIE wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:05 pmBodycon suggested that we create a skirt from a hacked curtain and display the results at Christmas Time.
My first home-made miniskirt was made from a discarded curtain. They can work surprisingly well.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

STEVIE wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:05 pm
Coder wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:18 pm weird, awkward, and a bit bizarre. Speaking of which, when I run across them I will post them for a "laugh".
Bodycon suggested that we create a skirt from a hacked curtain and display the results at Christmas Time.
I'm up for it, could be a hoot.
Steve.
The Skirtain Challenge - it'll be a thing on TikTok one day
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

It has to better than most of the other challenges on there that I read about and a lot less dangerous. No I don't have a login - last place I would choose.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.