my charm

News from High Street, for the Fashionistas among us! Couture only here please; if you can buy it off the rack, try another forum.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

my charm

Post by Gusto10 »

STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: my charm

Post by STEVIE »

Hi Gusto,
Sure there are plenty wearable ideas that come from the catwalks, things that I would wear in a heartbeat.
I still feel that the man in manskirt adds a premium which is wholly unnecessary or justifiable.
That is a wholly separate issue from the exclusivity that arises from original and truly innovative creation.
Still it is nice to dream occasionally but alas, one must cut one's cloth etc,
Steve.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

STEVIE wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:56 pm Hi Gusto,
Sure there are plenty wearable ideas that come from the catwalks, things that I would wear in a heartbeat.
I still feel that the man in manskirt adds a premium which is wholly unnecessary or justifiable.
That is a wholly separate issue from the exclusivity that arises from original and truly innovative creation.
Still it is nice to dream occasionally but alas, one must cut one's cloth etc,
Steve.
I don't quite understand the "exclusivity" cost added to "mens-only" skirts. Outside of generally expensive brands, perhaps it's partially related to minimum quantities, and the fact that they have to devote a ton of effort to something that, unfortunately, isn't going to fly off the shelves like we'd like them to. Again, I keep saying it, but some major clothing manufacturers could simple slap on a different label to compatible designs and 'boom' sourcing/quantities solved.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

The exclusivity applies to the original design as opposed to the derivatives created from it by the various brands such as NEXT, ASOS.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.