Nic Carter & L'Uomo Strano

News from High Street, for the Fashionistas among us! Couture only here please; if you can buy it off the rack, try another forum.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Nic Carter & L'Uomo Strano

Post by nzfreestyler »

I stumbled upon this fashion creative brand (L'Uomo Strano) - by Nic Carter based in Toronto I think.

Its a fusion of styles, a brand invested in creating responsive beauty for the femme-identified, gender non-conformist's wardrobe. They've been around for a few years and have become bolder in recent times.

here's a couple of pics:

Link to their site: http://www.luomostrano.com/

Early 2013-2015 saw some skirt like culottes and flowing layers - with some dresses. Shoes were like flat loafers and some heels.
2016 went very skirty-dressy - and very fem - putting all the guys into taller stilettos (the penultimate CL Pigalle 120 for some of them!) - likely a bit extreme for guys but my favourites. I don't know what brought the sudden high heel move on - but it happened then all of a sudden.
Since then its toned back again - tunics/dresses and a mixture of heavier shoes and a few stilettos.

Anyway - not something one would wear on the main street - perhaps pieces of the outfits but not the whole thing in general (ok I admit I would wear a few outfits as they are - but not most)
Mind you couture is not something that is intended for normal wear anyway!

cheers
NZF
Spirou003
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Nic Carter & L'Uomo Strano

Post by Spirou003 »

The first one is classy, I like the style that this line pattern gives and the color choice is cool. But I would choose another top to go with.
For the rest... not for me
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

nzfreestyler wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:57 am I stumbled upon this fashion creative brand (L'Uomo Strano) - by Nic Carter based in Toronto I think.

Its a fusion of styles, a brand invested in creating responsive beauty for the femme-identified, gender non-conformist's wardrobe. They've been around for a few years and have become bolder in recent times.

here's a couple of pics:

Link to their site: http://www.luomostrano.com/

Early 2013-2015 saw some skirt like culottes and flowing layers - with some dresses. Shoes were like flat loafers and some heels.
2016 went very skirty-dressy - and very fem - putting all the guys into taller stilettos (the penultimate CL Pigalle 120 for some of them!) - likely a bit extreme for guys but my favourites. I don't know what brought the sudden high heel move on - but it happened then all of a sudden.
Since then its toned back again - tunics/dresses and a mixture of heavier shoes and a few stilettos.

Anyway - not something one would wear on the main street - perhaps pieces of the outfits but not the whole thing in general (ok I admit I would wear a few outfits as they are - but not most)
Mind you couture is not something that is intended for normal wear anyway!

cheers
NZF
I wonder how much practice those fellows needed to walk in those heels? That’s not exactly a skill one can learn overnight. Heh!
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
Shilo
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Shilo »

I like the first place be the best. It might draw a lot of attention if worn on the high street though. The other outfits are fine as well but not with heels for me. :lol:
:roll:
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

JeffB1959 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:57 am I wonder how much practice those fellows needed to walk in those heels? That’s not exactly a skill one can learn overnight. Heh!
ha ha - and a good point!
Some of those pumps are Louboutin Pigalle 120s - so they are about as high as a premium heel can go - and they have no platforms so they a pure high heel shoe. You have to be a dedicated wearer to be good in them - nobody can just put those heels on and wear them well. They are excellent shoes but I know from experience you need to be 'into' heels to handle those babies with style.

Still if they have to just do a few lengths in them - you could be coached for it - but your flexibility in your ankles will not be there to be able to stay upright in those shoes for more than 5-10 minutes without getting the shakes etc...

oops I think I know too much about heels...
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

nzfreestyler wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:36 pm
JeffB1959 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:57 am I wonder how much practice those fellows needed to walk in those heels? That’s not exactly a skill one can learn overnight. Heh!
ha ha - and a good point!
Some of those pumps are Louboutin Pigalle 120s - so they are about as high as a premium heel can go - and they have no platforms so they a pure high heel shoe. You have to be a dedicated wearer to be good in them - nobody can just put those heels on and wear them well. They are excellent shoes but I know from experience you need to be 'into' heels to handle those babies with style.

Still if they have to just do a few lengths in them - you could be coached for it - but your flexibility in your ankles will not be there to be able to stay upright in those shoes for more than 5-10 minutes without getting the shakes etc...

oops I think I know too much about heels...
Better too much than too little. Knowledge is power, my friend. :lol:

Something else that just occurred to me, I’m guessing those guys have small feet since I’m sure Louboutins don’t go up to 13, a.k.a., battleship size like I wear.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

yep you're right Jeff

Louboutins stop at 41 EU I think - most designer heels stop about there.
I am a 39-40 EU and I am pretty sure my size is around a womens 8-9 - so this must be about a womens 10 it stops at?

These shoes really depend on the heel height/toe for personal size fit - so a stated size can be misleading too
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

nzfreestyler wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:45 am yep you're right Jeff

Louboutins stop at 41 EU I think - most designer heels stop about there.
I am a 39-40 EU and I am pretty sure my size is around a womens 8-9 - so this must be about a womens 10 it stops at?

These shoes really depend on the heel height/toe for personal size fit - so a stated size can be misleading too
According to a conversion chart on the ItalianHeels.com website, size 41 EU is 10 US. For me, I'd need a 44 which is size 13, perhaps even 45 (size 14) if shoes don't come in wide width, something I'm guessing designer shoemakers don't offer. If you want to check out the website, see below, they offer some very nice shoes:

http://www.italianheels.com/index_en.shtml
Last edited by JeffB1959 on Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

wow yes JeffB

A quick glance and I found nice mules too....

JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

nzfreestyler wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:22 am wow yes JeffB

A quick glance and I found nice mules too....

Yes indeed. I haven’t ordered anything from there myself, but I’ve been tempted.