mens london fashion week

News from High Street, for the Fashionistas among us! Couture only here please; if you can buy it off the rack, try another forum.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

mens london fashion week

Post by Gusto10 »

https://www.londonfashionweekmens.co.uk/Highlights

the art School of London has some interesting things. Have fun with it all.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: mens london fashion week

Post by skirtyscot »

Too much to trawl through! Are there edited manskirty highlights anywhere?
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

skirtyscot wrote:Too much to trawl through! Are there edited manskirty highlights anywhere?
Many other sites will give only a selection and often enough, they skirt the issue on skirts for men. As indicated in the information provided on the artschool of London, they went beyond skirts and showed various dresses for men.
steamman

Post by steamman »

Lots of skirts and dresses for men at LMFW 2020 I see which is good. The question is when it will start to filter down to the high street? I get the feeling it's going to take one or two big celebrities to help break the mould. Interestingly, there was an article in the Guardian the other day around high heels for men starting to be become fashionable, and saying that the appearance on a male dancer wearing stilettos in strictly come dancing last year helped enormously.
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

steamman wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:23 am Lots of skirts and dresses for men at LMFW 2020 I see which is good. The question is when it will start to filter down to the high street? I get the feeling it's going to take one or two big celebrities to help break the mould. Interestingly, there was an article in the Guardian the other day around high heels for men starting to be become fashionable, and saying that the appearance on a male dancer wearing stilettos in strictly come dancing last year helped enormously.
They also have to be practical and well priced. This is where men's skirts go wrong - no one will pay £85 for a flimsy piece of material. This is why I just go for the more masculine cut jeans skirts or pencils for a fraction of the price across the aisle :eye:

A hot summer may bring more skirts out, if not kilts, it's all good 8)

Zander Xhou (?spelling) has some decent skirts, though not sure of price...
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...
steamman

Post by steamman »

Agree with you on denim skirts, I have a few denim maxis that I wear and are gorgeous. And they were cheap! The price levels for anything offered to men will need to drop to sane levels. However, the better option would be for all skirts to start being marketed as unisex, which of course is what they are already!
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

steamman wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:10 pm Agree with you on denim skirts, I have a few denim maxis that I wear and are gorgeous. And they were cheap! The price levels for anything offered to men will need to drop to sane levels. However, the better option would be for all skirts to start being marketed as unisex, which of course is what they are already!
Saw this lovely Zara skirt for just £12.99 :shock:
cute_zara.jpg
zara_back.jpg
Here's the link
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Zara-Ladies- ... SwxcJdlyx7

I've bought too many skirts already since Christmas :oops: and have too many bills to pay. It's a 12, I don't know what your size is, I'm lucky to fluctuate between an 8 and 10 :mrgreen:

The Designer stuff will cost way too much, and look crazy, I just want something practical - denim is a go-to material, it's even formal enough for dress down Fridays at work :wink:
steamman

Post by steamman »

That's a nice skirt! Too small for me, I wear a size 16.
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

steamman wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:18 pm That's a nice skirt! Too small for me, I wear a size 16.
I saw this in a 16
s-l1600.jpg
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Miss-Candyfl ... SwwqVcConN

Which might suit you. £30 is hardly breaking the bank, same price as a pair of trousers :lol:
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I wouldn't pay £30 for a pair of jeans or trousers either, never mind for a skirt. Where do you all get the money from, paying such prices?
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Sinned wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:25 am I wouldn't pay £30 for a pair of jeans or trousers either, never mind for a skirt. Where do you all get the money from, paying such prices?
It is all relative and a matter of ones own choice/budget.
Steve.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Maybe I'm just a tightwad living in prudent Yorkshire. Short arms, deep pockets.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.