Too Formal?

News from High Street, for the Fashionistas among us! Couture only here please; if you can buy it off the rack, try another forum.
PatJ
Member Extraordinaire

Too Formal?

Post by PatJ »

http://www.kaltblut-magazine.com/omar-v ... -campaign/

Check out the link - (I hope it works) but I find the look interesting.

PatJ
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Too Formal?

Post by crfriend »

Oh, my! Some of those are nothing short of spectacular. I especially like the use of purple and black.

I'll gripe about the use of boots as I think those are being used as a prop to make the rigs look more "masculine", but I feel the looks themselves are more than enough. (Women have "appropriated" boots so they're no longer a male hallmark -- give it up.) I'd pass on the hybrid ones with trousers, but that's just me.

The length does speak somewhat to formality, but almost any of those are rigs I'd wear in winter-time (save for the sleeveless one). But, the overall look I find to be very pleasing indeed.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

crfriend wrote:Oh, my! Some of those are nothing short of spectacular. I especially like the use of purple and black.

I'll gripe about the use of boots as I think those are being used as a prop to make the rigs look more "masculine", but I feel the looks themselves are more than enough. (Women have "appropriated" boots so they're no longer a male hallmark -- give it up.) I'd pass on the hybrid ones with trousers, but that's just me.

The length does speak somewhat to formality, but almost any of those are rigs I'd wear in winter-time (save for the sleeveless one). But, the overall look I find to be very pleasing indeed.
Yeah, eat your heart out Carl! :lol:

I agree I'd like to own just one of those outfits. Very nice indeed! Bet you're looking at at least $300-$500 per rig though.... :shock:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

How refreshingly different from the 'fashion' rubbish of a few years ago. Things are moving; the industry is gradually creeping towards looks that could actually catch on.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Carl, Moon, I can see why you're attracted to these - long, flowing, dark, almost poetic and perhaps a bit gothic. Certainly shades of 19th century. But alas, not for me. Not my style. But certainly not eye-catching and to see someone walking down the average high street so garbed wouldn't even draw a second glance. A step in the right direction, sure.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

I'm with you Sinned. These just don't do much for me except give me hope that the fashion industry is moving in the right direction.
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
PatJ
Member Extraordinaire

Post by PatJ »

As I indicated in the title "Too Formal?"

Some of the outfits are nothing short of
elegant. A night at the opera or symphony,
perhaps a formal ball, or even a fancy wedding
and some of the outfits would be right at home.

I think that I like the style, but I am not sure
I would want the outfits to be my daily attire.

But regardless, they sure beat the you know what
out of a suit and tie!

PatJ
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

I would wear one of those. Very smart looking indeed.
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Very elegant, but the skirt would have to be knee-length to be practical for every day. This is more for a function than for the weekly shop at Tesco or taking the car to the garage :roll:

Though nice to see something that's not outrageous, the models aren't wearing horses heads or weird colours and it almost looks workable, but a tad too formal for me :wink:
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

PatJ wrote:http://www.kaltblut-magazine.com/omar-v ... -campaign/

Check out the link - (I hope it works) but I find the look interesting.

PatJ
Nice. Wish I was that skinny.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...