Short shorts for men are coming back!

News from High Street, for the Fashionistas among us! Couture only here please; if you can buy it off the rack, try another forum.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Short shorts for men are coming back!

Post by skirtingtoday »

Article for Aussie blokes:-

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/fashion ... zrjcz.html

At last I can wear my old short shorts and be fashionable!!! :lol: 8) :D
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
melsav
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Short shorts for men are coming back!

Post by melsav »

Its about time short shorts came back into fashion, not that it stopped me wearing my shorts anyway,i have always worn my shorts short. :D
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

So what were short shorts called before they were short shorts ?
Always had a disdain for the capri Bermuda knee length shorts call shorts !
What part of short do you not understand ?
Remember the basketball shorts of the 50's at least they did stumble bumble
over the length back then - by golly the pants they have now they could easily
do the hidden ball trick ! And it is ever more ridiculous that the gals are wearing
the same crappy pants the men do - not attractive at all !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

r.m.anderson wrote:So what were short shorts called before they were short shorts ?
"Shorts."
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

skirtingtoday wrote:Article for Aussie blokes:-

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/fashion ... zrjcz.html

At last I can wear my old short shorts and be fashionable!!! :lol: 8) :D
You are ahead of fashion, waiting for it to catch up!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

What doe you mean short shorts are coming back in fashion? For me they never went out of fashion!!!!
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

I will be interested to see if any of us are bold enough to combine short shorts with tights, as seemed to be the fashion trend for young women when I visited Spain. I have not observed this too much in the US yet, but I have not been very much around any college campuses, and now it is too warm here for tights. I expect the combination to become common this fall with young women. Which of us will be the daring one to try it? :shock:
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I would give it a go but I'm not sure what MOH would say? After all as you say it appears to be a female look. I'll try it sometime when MOH is out to see what it looks like on me then decide. With our weather it might be best to take a pair of tights with you on even the hottest day as the weather can change so quickly.
Trends, she explains, start on the catwalk, then are filtered down through celebrity, magazines, the high street and eventually mass market stores until they end up on your hanger. At Lowes. Where you unknowingly buy them.
So on this basis with men's skirts we at stage two and a half. Catwalk, celebrities have been seen in them and they are starting to appear in magazines. The High Street next. Can hardly wait. Will I live to see it? It's taken over 100 years from men stopping wearing skirts to step 2 1/2. At that pace it'll be about 2020 for step 4 2050 for step 5.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

dillon wrote:I will be interested to see if any of us are bold enough to combine short shorts with tights, as seemed to be the fashion trend for young women when I visited Spain. I have not observed this too much in the US yet, but I have not been very much around any college campuses, and now it is too warm here for tights. I expect the combination to become common this fall with young women. Which of us will be the daring one to try it? :shock:
Short shorts with tights any very popular with the young women round here, where the weather is usually pretty cool. For most men, the idea of trying that look is filed away with the idea of wearing a skirt - under N for never!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Darryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Darryl »

My next purchases, perhaps late next month, will be men's or women's shorts (as necessary) with about a 6" inseam. If I can find them, I'll get 5", 7", and 9" and since I always wear support hose (beige or midnight black sheer).... :)

I have made unplanned stops while wearing gym shorts and black support hose with no apparent notice. I generally wore my workout stuff to/from the gym and showered at home. Now I have an AirDyne and Weider (free) weight bench at home.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Sinned wrote:What doe you mean short shorts are coming back in fashion? For me they never went out of fashion!!!!
Same here! :D :D :D But I do still get some "stick" from the missus along the lines of "You're not wearing THOSE again are you?" - Sometimes I complied and changed but others, I stood my ground and said "yes, I am!"

At least we can say we are back in fashion! And away from those bored (sic) or surfing shorts or Capri pants
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Sorry, found this on Facebook just after reading this thread, can't help myself...

image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Oh. My. Word.

My initial impulse as a moderator was to step on that image and send it immediately to the bit-bucket. However, I can see the value of such things -- also the "Walmartians" bits -- as exemplars of what not to do.

But, I need to take your leave for a few moments whilst I find a mop.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

That is scary! Sometimes being broad-minded can be very hard work!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

crfriend wrote:My initial impulse as a moderator was to step on that image and send it immediately to the bit-bucket. However, I can see the value of such things -- also the "Walmartians" bits -- as exemplars of what not to
Thanks. Comedy often involves exaggerating the normal to the absurd, and this struck me in that vein.

But I agree it's a bit, um, edgy...
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron