Raf Simons

News from High Street, for the Fashionistas among us! Couture only here please; if you can buy it off the rack, try another forum.
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Raf Simons

Post by renesm1 »

Did anyone see post anything about this? Apologies if someone else has done so already.

A few nice items. Nothing amazingly outlandish here.

http://nowfashion.com/raf-simons-menswe ... 73#content
Please visit http://www.absolutegadget.com for the latest gadgets and games news and reviews
Danny

Re: Raf Simons

Post by Danny »

I don't get fashion show layouts. I just don't see outfits like this ever catching on. I mean, not in the current state of social views.
There's got to be something - i dunno - a less flashy transition for the average man. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying those designs are good or bad (although, granted, it's not my taste).
I just don't think we'll see anyone walking the streets with those designs any time soon.

Keep in mind, I think that about most women outfits at fashion shows too. Who wears them? I never see anything like the outfits in those shows out in public. Know what I mean?
-Danny
BobM
Member Extraordinaire

Post by BobM »

Why do almost all these anorexic kids look pissed off? Picture 5 looks like he needs a serious attitude adjustment. If the goal is to sell product then one would think the models would be wearing :D .
Ordained Deacon and Ruling Elder, Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

These fashion houses must get income from somewhere, presumably the sale of designs to the rag trade. Frankly I just cannot see the outfits they decked these kids out in bringing in any bucks anytime soon, so I don't see the point of it.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

BobM wrote:Why do almost all these anorexic kids look pissed off? Picture 5 looks like he needs a serious attitude adjustment. If the goal is to sell product then one would think the models would be wearing :D .
Agreed. Then you look at women's clothing catalogs (e.g., WomanWithin) and the models look so giddily happy. I guess their presentations help move the merchandise.

Why do fashion designers keep on presenting outfits very few men would want to wear? Why not instead design skirt suits and dresses more mainstream that are tailored to men's bodies? Those stupid presentations discourage men from pursuing clothing alternatives.

John
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

JohnH wrote:...Why do fashion designers keep on presenting outfits very few men would want to wear? Why not instead design skirt suits and dresses more mainstream that are tailored to men's bodies? Those stupid presentations discourage men from pursuing clothing alternatives...
They don't present outfits very many women would wear, either. It's art, not practicality, and I think the purpose is to gain impact and influence that leads to follow-on commissions.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
PatJ
Member Extraordinaire

Post by PatJ »

After viewing the "show" a second time, what bothers me the most is the footwear. Somehow, with the length of the garments at mid-thigh and socks mid-calf, the "look" was (is) simply not right.

I read somewhere that fashion designers prefer that their models not smile during the show. Their thought is that they want people to look at the clothes, and not the model wearing the clothes. However, I like most of you, do not care for the gloomy look of the models and feel that it distracts from the look of the outfit.

Lastly, many of us with who are chronologically enhanced, simply can't pull off the mid-thigh look like we were able when we had that young and rugged look. (My hat is off to those of you who can still pull it off!)

However, I think that these outfits could work on younger men as long as more coordination was given to the foot and legwear.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Aside from one or two plain black dresses, I found the collection to be rather silly looking.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Meh! Not impressed.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
skirtilator
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtilator »

It lacks the masculine touch. First of all the fabric, indicator of masculine strength: Image Deep pockets and a dandy pleated skirt section. 8)