Tokyo Fashion Week

News from High Street, for the Fashionistas among us! Couture only here please; if you can buy it off the rack, try another forum.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Tokyo Fashion Week

Post by Caultron »

"Male models at the Facetasm show itself took to the runway in black, grey and white skirts made of leather, denim and soft cotton, while women wore menswear influenced outfits including baggy grey shorts paired with a white hoodie and knee-length grey trenchcoat over simple straight-leg blue jeans."

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/2/557ccf22 ... z2ixjK3ooi
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Tokyo Fashion Week

Post by Sinned »

It would have been nice if there had been some pictures but the tone of the article was supportive. The Anrealage dresses where the long dress became a miniskirt appeared to be an interesting concept. A varying hemline in real-time, hmmmm. Could present problems as to what to wear underneath but could be a good solution to those of us that live in a climate where the weather ( and temperature ) changes every hour during the day. Getting colder - drop the hem, warmer - raise it.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Tokyo Fashion Week

Post by skirtingtoday »

Not sure if it was the same event but I have found this web-link. It shows the same high-waisted leather skirt worn by men and women as well as hort shorts on both sexes.

http://en.fashion-headline.com/article/ ... /1594.html

I think on eof the male models with a long white shirt and jacket forgot his trousers/shorts/skirt... :lol:
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels