Peeraer: unsettling designs?

News from High Street, for the Fashionistas among us! Couture only here please; if you can buy it off the rack, try another forum.
Juan

Peeraer: unsettling designs?

Post by Juan »

Without any intention of engaging in one of those "Cross-dessers vs. Manly-men-skirt-wearers" controversies, I claim that the Royal Academy of Fine Arts Antwerp undergraduate Niels Peeraer (21) is one of the talents to watch.

I know: More than androgynous, his designs look quite feminine by conventional standards, underlining the current trend of many men not only to accept, but also to cherish and even nurture our feminine side. Let me point out that Peeraer presented these in his Menswear collection, so they are in no way intended as cross-dressing toys, but rather as actual clothing alternatives for males (not for every male, of course)

"I want to tell people that there are other possibilities than simply dividing clothes into men's and women's collection's", states the designer.

Anyways: beautiful dress, and I'd definitely wear it if I were the model's age.

More pics at:
http://newmalefashion.blogspot.com/

Take care!

Juan
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Peeraer: unsettling designs?

Post by Charlie »

Juan wrote:"I want to tell people that there are other possibilities than simply dividing clothes into men's and women's collection's", states the designer.
That's the message that society has to wake up to if men are ever going to escape from the current drabness on offer from the clothing industry. Can he design something for the older guy?

Charlie
PS - no apostrophe in "collections" - that's me being picky :alien:
If I want to dress like a woman, I'll wear jeans.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Re: Peeraer: unsettling designs?

Post by Since1982 »

That's your fault for being older, Charlie. The schools when we were young pounded proper grammar and spelling into us with the threat of not passing the grade. Nowadays, losing and not spelling properly is OK in school. They wouldn't want to hurt the innocent psyches. :D :D Yu git wut ahm sayin? Ah did ax yew propery like!
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/