Man in tights

News from High Street, for the Fashionistas among us! Couture only here please; if you can buy it off the rack, try another forum.
Juan

Man in tights

Post by Juan »

Stylist Anders Sølvsten Thomsen clads model Nicolas Ripoll in several tights and leggins for Contributing Editor . The photographer is Joachim Mueller-Ruchholtz.

Pajama bottoms by Tom Ford
LightOfTheMorning1.jpg
Top and Leggings by Shaun Samson
LightOfTheMorning4.jpg
Jumpsuit by Vivienne Westwood
LightOfTheMorning5.jpg
More at: http://contributingeditor.blogspot.com/ ... rning.html
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pythos
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Man in tights

Post by Pythos »

On a positive side, it is a guy wearing tights, or leggings

On a negative side, it is a guy in horrible looking tights, or leggings. One pair look positively baggy on top and tight in the legs. (IMO)

But at least it is something.

I like these items you keep finding Juan. Though some are out there, there are some promising ones. Please keep it up.
" Pre-conceptions are the biggest enemy of humans. they prevent us from moving forward. If you want to see "another reality" you must first throw out your pre-conceptions. Every thing starts from there." -Mana
nicothoe
Distinguished Member

Post by nicothoe »

I could agree more - the fashion photos are fun.

One of the defining attributes that makes us human is our artistic creativity. Whether we are writing a poem, composing a song, splashing paint onto canvas, dancing to a beat, or designing clothes - it is the arts that bring enjoyment and color into our lives. It is too easy to frown upon the arts, to think of them as superfluous. Why waste time and money on the arts when there are more important things to worry about, better uses for such resources? Yet the truth is: a life without the arts is a dull life indeed! We may never be seen dead in some of the clothes we see on the catwalk, but we must applaud the creativity. And that, my friends, is my rant for the day :D
Be Bold. Be Skirted.
warl35

Post by warl35 »

I agree creativity and exploration must be encouraged. It is only through trying many ideas out that the the good ones come to the surface. Wearing short skirts I always feel is better with tights or leggings underneath.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

warl35:

I agree and very much so when wearing a short anything skirt; skort; dress or even shorts.
Wearing tights; leggings or pantyhose can more than useful in modesty protcol.
Maybe warming in cold cooler winter weather climes as well as fashionable at other times.

This isn't Robin Hood men in tights in Sherwood Forest anymore !

"Skirt-Kilt-ON"
rma
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Jack Williams
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jack Williams »

nicothoe wrote:I could agree more - the fashion photos are fun.

One of the defining attributes that makes us human is our artistic creativity. Whether we are writing a poem, composing a song, splashing paint onto canvas, dancing to a beat, or designing clothes - it is the arts that bring enjoyment and color into our lives. It is too easy to frown upon the arts, to think of them as superfluous. Why waste time and money on the arts when there are more important things to worry about, better uses for such resources? Yet the truth is: a life without the arts is a dull life indeed! We may never be seen dead in some of the clothes we see on the catwalk, but we must applaud the creativity. And that, my friends, is my rant for the day :D
My Oath!! Without artistic creativity we would never have evolved as a species. It's as simple as that.
Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sarongman »

By way of a change in the thread, Juan hasn't posted since September 20th 2010. (An auspicious day for me--- I get cards and presents on that day :P ) His last post is two and a half years ago! I hope that aggro PMs were not sent his way to put him off posting. While the pictures he put forward were not anything most of us would be seen dead in, they were entertaining, amd still get dredged out for an airing, as in this one.
It will not always be summer: build barns---Hesiod
Jack Williams
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jack Williams »

Interesting.