Vogue magazine: daring pics

News from High Street, for the Fashionistas among us! Couture only here please; if you can buy it off the rack, try another forum.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Vogue magazine: daring pics

Post by crfriend »

Since1982 wrote:THIS, is a very freestyle site.
Respectfully,

[Mod hat on]

This is a site which advocates the uptake of kilts and skirts as men's garments, whether they be "traditional" kilts, "contemporary" kilts, sarongs, sulus, or outright skirts. The intent is not to espouse any one style of garment over another, but rather to get the notion of skirted garments accepted on Main Street, wherever "Main Street" may be.

Since1982 wrote:All sites aren't this way.
Nor should they be. This particular site attempts to take a "big tent" stance in the belief that we all have valuable views and that we can all benefit from broad exposure to ideas that we may not have considered.

[Mod hat off]

Blast it, that thing is scratchy, and it still insists on talking to me.

Personally, whilst I have found quite a bit of the imagery Juan has posted to be rather alien and somewhat jarring, I would not dream of squelching it, and, in fact, thank him for posting it because I hope that it makes people think. Most of the "high fashion" imagery is designed to create controversy anyway, so suppressing it only makes it more powerful. None of the looks from the "high fashion" world much agree with my personal aesthetic -- and I certainly know that I wouldn't wear any of them -- but that's my decision. Other folks here likely think differently -- that is what makes for a vibrant community.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sarongman »

It looks suspiciously like John/Giovanni is giving an "up yours" to my mind!
It will not always be summer: build barns---Hesiod
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

CArl said: Personally, whilst I have found quite a bit of the imagery Juan has posted to be rather alien and somewhat jarring, I would not dream of squelching it, and, in fact, thank him for posting it because I hope that it makes people think.
Neither would I, I like the fact that this site has a freestyle sub-forum. That freestyle forum is one of the reasons I've been a member here since 2004, and intend to continue to be one the rest of my life. I hope someone didn't take something I said out of context. :D :D :D :D
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/