"Counter-fashion"... Now! That's alternative!

News from High Street, for the Fashionistas among us! Couture only here please; if you can buy it off the rack, try another forum.
Juan

"Counter-fashion"... Now! That's alternative!

Post by Juan »

These pics appeared in an article entitled "Contra-moda" in Philippines’ Statement magazine... the name is self-explanatory enough!

I admit that these garments are not very "wearable" (I'd make good use of those earrings though!), but fashion doesn't have to be entirely about "wearability" and practicality...it's also about creativity and design. And these guys sure are creative!

Model Cris Whitelaw was photographed by Randy Capinpin and styled by Cherry Ghost. The setup features designs by Dax Bayani, Pier Lim, Piedi! and Estien Quijano.

More at a very interesting site: http://style-anywhere.com/
contramoda6.jpg
contramoda2.jpg
contramoda4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

Re: "Counter-fashion"... Now! That's alternative!

Post by Sarongman »

The first shot shows somebody, just out of bed, going for the phone wearing the duvet or comforter, and about to trip over on same. Second is decidedly odd and the third looks like something my mad ( I have 2; one mad, one sane) sister would wear. All in all I'm quite unimpressed. :x
It will not always be summer: build barns---Hesiod
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Re: "Counter-fashion"... Now! That's alternative!

Post by Since1982 »

The third one looks like one of those "things" the Royalty used to make people wear just as they gave their last words to the crowd before the Headsman stepped into place. I learned that watching "The Tudors" on Showtime last season. It gave the Headsman something to aim at. :hide:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/