As girly as it gets

News from High Street, for the Fashionistas among us! Couture only here please; if you can buy it off the rack, try another forum.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Re: As girly as it gets

Post by dillon »

moonshadow wrote:Couture doesn't get a lot of activity does it? My post is the latest one and it's over a month old. :o
I don't even know what couture means... :lol:
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

dillon wrote:
moonshadow wrote:Couture doesn't get a lot of activity does it? My post is the latest one and it's over a month old. :o
I don't even know what couture means... :lol:
I have to admit, I had to google it.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

The reasons could either be the lack of activity on the fashion scene relevant to our desired activity or the lack of comment upon the lack of activity or both. Afterthought, it could also have something to do with the lack of interest in most of us of searching for such examples of lack of comment upon the lack of activity. If you get my drift. :lol:
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

moonshadow wrote:Couture doesn't get a lot of activity does it? My post is the latest one and it's over a month old.
Most people here aren't really impressed by men-in-skirts ideas from the major fashion houses. The outfits are just too far our for everyday wear.

It's kind of disappointing in a way, because here are these supposed leader of the fashion industry promoting skirts for men and the outfits are so bizarre that no one would wear them.

The same is true on the women's side, of course. You don't exactly see denim skirts of jeans on the Paris fashion runways.

The original mindset of haute couture was to create clothes obviously so expensive that anyone around the person wearing them had to be impressed. So it's like, "Wow, that guy can afford to wear a $10,000 pair of pants," or "Wow, that woman can afford to wear a $100,000 dress." But to do that the clothes can't look like ordinary everyday clothes from Kohl's or Target, so the designers kind of go nutso. It also tends to become an art form, with the designers constantly experimenting, and many of the experiments going wrong.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

Ha, I don't even know what couture is. My skirts are selected so I can blend in and not be noticed. I want them to look like I am wearing shorts. I like to wear skirts for comfort and freedom, unlimited stride, ventilation, and something that is not tight in the crotch.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Happy-N-Skirts wrote:Ha, I don't even know what couture is. My skirts are selected so I can blend in and not be noticed. I want them to look like I am wearing shorts. I like to wear skirts for comfort and freedom, unlimited stride, ventilation, and something that is not tight in the crotch.
Not a bad policy. You can only be yourself.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

It is that up-tight feeling that makes skirts so wonderful and refreshing.
Unless you are in the high intensive sports where that portion of the critical anatomy needs the utmost of protection
every little breeze whispers at ease relax go with the flow be everything you can be - there are no restrictions !
This could be put in more that dozen dozen squared ways but you get the idea otherwise why are you here at SC ?
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

Juan wrote:I Take the utmost feminine article of clothing, for instance: the brassiere. There's obviously no need for us males to wear a bra, because (most of us) don't have anything to fill it with. It's a ladies only stuff. Right? Well... there's also an aesthetical aspect to that undergarment, which is frequently ornamented with attractive laces and macramés.
I, for one, do not wear lacy underwear. After all, why should I want to spend the money for something that is not seen from under the outer clothes? Along with my Hanes men's briefs I wear plain underwire DD cup women's bras. Last time I checked at Walmart there were no 40DD bras in the men's clothing section. And what fills the cups is my natural tissue with no fillers. So the above quote that is bolded might be have been better if the phrase "most of" had been inserted.

John
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

Happy-N-Skirts wrote:My skirts are selected so I can blend in and not be noticed. I want them to look like I am wearing shorts. I like to wear skirts for comfort and freedom, unlimited stride, ventilation, and something that is not tight in the crotch.
That's my selection criteria. The only passing that would interest me is overtaking a slower vehicle on a two lane (single carriageway) road.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

Since1982 wrote:I still have a small problem with the "tucking" stuff. I can only come up with 2 reasons to tuck. 1. The person is trying to pass as a woman who has no male parts. 2. The person is ashamed of his male parts, if that's so, we're really getting back to number 1...The person doesn't want anyone knowing he's a man. I've seen quite a few VERY masculine looking, flat chested females, so you can't really tell if it's a man or a woman if you can't see any male parts bulge in front. That's just my opinion and not cast in stone. I'm not judging anyone. Just making my opinion known. 8)
The third option is just trying to put a look into effect that doesn't work with a bulge. It wouldn't really require all that much tucking to achieve for a lot of men.

Also, androgyny is a look all of its own, and can be employed for its own sake without implying anything else. Women de-emphasise breasts and accomplish it. No reason for men not to.
Daryl...
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

Daryl wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:45 am
Since1982 wrote:I still have a small problem with the "tucking" stuff. I can only come up with 2 reasons to tuck. 1. The person is trying to pass as a woman who has no male parts. 2. The person is ashamed of his male parts, if that's so, we're really getting back to number 1...The person doesn't want anyone knowing he's a man. I've seen quite a few VERY masculine looking, flat chested females, so you can't really tell if it's a man or a woman if you can't see any male parts bulge in front. That's just my opinion and not cast in stone. I'm not judging anyone. Just making my opinion known. 8)
The third option is just trying to put a look into effect that doesn't work with a bulge. It wouldn't really require all that much tucking to achieve for a lot of men.

Also, androgyny is a look all of its own, and can be employed for its own sake without implying anything else. Women de-emphasise breasts and accomplish it. No reason for men not to.
Pencil skirts, especially denim can minimize the bulge if the appropriate underwear and tights are worn. Even in formal skirts, never too much of an issue.
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

I can rationalise the use of lace in undergarments as it can offer support without limiting ventilation. Elementary ........ fishnet and cods.

moonshadow wrote: Thu May 19, 2016 2:32 pm Couture doesn't get a lot of activity does it? My post is the latest one and it's over a month old. :o
Sorry, never noticed :)
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia