Hey, that's my skirt!

News from High Street, for the Fashionistas among us! Couture only here please; if you can buy it off the rack, try another forum.
Juan

Hey, that's my skirt!

Post by Juan »

Wait a minute! Model Christian Brylle is dressed for "wonderlandmagazine" in a skirt quite like the ones I regularily wear! Even the sandals: I used to have a pair similar to those, only that much "prettier", if you don't mind my saying so!

The stylist is Way Perry and the photograph is credited to Paul Maffi.

isfrayed3.jpg
isfrayed1.jpg

More pictures at http://www.wonderlandmagazine.com/

Take care!
Juan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pythos
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Hey, that's my skirt!

Post by Pythos »

I like the look, especially the black nails.

Darker colored nails should be mostly male regiem. I love to have my nails painted dark colors.

I kinda like the outfit, it looks cool, I would lose the long underwear like leggings, and replace with better fitting ones, and perhaps go with a darker over all look. I like the sheerness of the skirt in areas and would like one of these skirts in black and gray tones.

Now, I know this shouldn't matter, but it does.

Is this guy straight? Or is it known.

Why is it important? Because there are still ignorant people (my mother included), that think a guy dressed like this is automatically gay.

before you jump on me being a homophobe, let me just say, I don't like being labeled what I am not. So I really wish more straight men would start endeavoring in skirts, makeup, and nails, and keep either an regular male to an androgynous appearance.

Lately I have been following the Japanese visual Kie scene, and see so many guys looking feminine AND having a massive following of female fans. One of the artists is an out and out homosexual, but acts VERY feminine. The others? Well some are married with children, and others are enigmas. It is quite a scene, no real equivalent in the states, which is so sad.
Juan

Re: Hey, that's my skirt!

Post by Juan »

Pythos wrote: Darker colored nails should be mostly male regiem. I love to have my nails painted dark colors.
Well, I dunno... I paint them any color that happens to match my mood of the day, including white and French manicure (transparent gloss with white tips). Probably my favorite is bright red (looks great with a impeccably white shirt). It used to be black some time ago, but I'm probably less gloomy nowadays...
Pythos wrote:and perhaps go with a darker over all look. I like the sheerness of the skirt in areas and would like one of these skirts in black and gray tones.
I agree... a very ornamented garment like that one looks better against a plain outfit. Otherwise it's either too "baroque" or too "hippy" to my taste.

I don't know (and care less) whether Brylle is gay or not. But it's understandable that a person raised in a traditional environment should believe that any male wearing "women stuff" should be gay. Put yourself in her... shoes! :lol:

"Labels" are a fact of life. We use them because we wan't to live in a simple world, where everything is clear and understandable, black & white, without gray or undefined zones. So, until they make up a satisfactory label for me ("free-dresser", "metrosexual" or whatever term they're comfortable with), many will "label" me as gay... and it doesn't bother me at all. Does it bother you? Why? On the other hand, most of my friends are gay... and they say that, even if I dress the way I do, I simply don't project "that" energy, whatever that means. (But I guess straight elderly people do not have much responsiveness to "projected energies"... they just judge from what they see)

Speaking about labels:

"People will think you're a sissy!" My late grandma used to say
"It's OK... as long as they don't think I'm a soldier! That would bother me!" I replied

Please pardon my ignorance but, what is Kie? Isn't it some sort of game? Sounds interesting!

Take care, and thanks for the reply!