Vogue: Ludovic de Saint Sernin Has Been Named Creative Director at Ann Demeulemeester

News from High Street, for the Fashionistas among us! Couture only here please; if you can buy it off the rack, try another forum.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Vogue: Ludovic de Saint Sernin Has Been Named Creative Director at Ann Demeulemeester

Post by Coder »

https://www.vogue.com/article/ludovic-d ... e-director

Not a big fan of sheers, but this is interesting. Saw this on Reddit and figured it fit here. He's shown wearing a dress down the page - I presume that this influence might spill into the (very expensive) brand.

About halfway down is an unrelated video, and they interview a guy in a skirt. He doesn't give pronouns, so I'm going with guy unless someone corrects me. Link to the video is here, segment starts at 4:18:

https://www.vogue.com/video/watch/stree ... york-video
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Vogue: Ludovic de Saint Sernin Has Been Named Creative Director at Ann Demeulemeester

Post by STEVIE »

One takeaway from this for me, Coder.
Age, gender, race, creed, colour or whatever, just do YOUR thing.
The only limit is your own imagination.
Make the look, own it and live it. You know you are worth it!
Steve.
Myopic Bookworm
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Vogue: Ludovic de Saint Sernin Has Been Named Creative Director at Ann Demeulemeester

Post by Myopic Bookworm »

There are actually two men in skirts in the video, but though the first is overt (denim), the second is barely visible: at about 8:39: he describes his look as a "boy in skirt moment", and has a short skirt with platforms: the kind of thing that I would have loved to wear when I was in my early 20s but would never have had the nerve.
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

Myopic Bookworm wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:13 pm There are actually two men in skirts in the video, but though the first is overt (denim), the second is barely visible: at about 8:39: he describes his look as a "boy in skirt moment", and has a short skirt with platforms: the kind of thing that I would have loved to wear when I was in my early 20s but would never have had the nerve.
He looks great! I think now there's less definition of gender amongst the young, such looks will become more common in warmer weather :ugeek:
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...