V Man: Jil Sander is California Dreamin’

News from High Street, for the Fashionistas among us! Couture only here please; if you can buy it off the rack, try another forum.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

V Man: Jil Sander is California Dreamin’

Post by Coder »

https://vman.com/article/jil-sander-is- ... a-dreamin/

I found the full slideshow here:

https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/spr ... collection

Just a handful of skirts on guys - but also some of the women were a bit androgynous (as were the guys) so it's a bit hard to tell. It's intended to shock - not the most wearable stuff.
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Re: V Man: Jil Sander is California Dreamin’

Post by john62 »

Must have been a very rainy day.

John
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Taking no 23 as an example,
Coder wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:24 am Just a handful of skirts on guys - but also some of the women were a bit androgynous (as were the guys) so it's a bit hard to tell. It's intended to shock - not the most wearable stuff.
I would wear 23 and the look would be as far from androgynous as one could imagine.
As for wearability, all this stuff is about form, not function, but we know that already, don't we?
Steve.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

john62 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:08 am Must have been a very rainy day.
LOL - I was wondering that. The cynical part of me thought they rigged a water sprayer so they could carry umbrellas in the "rain".
STEVIE wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:16 am I would wear 23 and the look would be as far from androgynous as one could imagine.
As for wearability, all this stuff is about form, not function, but we know that already, don't we?
We do - but I like to post a comment like I did on these articles so people don't think I'm advocating for outlandish designer form over function styles intended to shock... even if a part of me is like, "hrmmm, if only I could wear that crazy thing". And frankly, these designs were pretty tame compared to other stuff designers have put out.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Coder wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:27 am "hrmmm, if only I could wear that crazy thing"
If you want to splash the cash on trivia, why not?
Function needn't always be our prime concern; whimsy is good for the soul.
Steve.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

Coder wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:24 am https://vman.com/article/jil-sander-is-california 👋 -dreamin/

I found the full slideshow here:

https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/spr ... collection

Just a handful of skirts on guys - but also some of the women were a bit androgynous (as were the guys) so it's a bit hard to tell. It's intended to shock - not the most wearable stuff.
From someone I know who lives everything fashion and runway almost as a problem, she says designer always design more outlandish things for the runways to gain hype. Then time down the garment for real people to wear. Gives the wearer the mystique of wearing something from the runway that is also wearable in daily life.

That said, the men in skirts parts seem way more palatable than usual pictures we see. That’s encouraging
greenboots
Member Extraordinaire

Post by greenboots »

Wow! There’sa high proportion of those I’d like to try. Some could even be adapted for everyday wear. And the fluffy stuff would be good for a bit of a do.