Vendor question

News from High Street, for the Fashionistas among us! Couture only here please; if you can buy it off the rack, try another forum.

Re: Vendor question

Postby crfriend » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:34 am

weeladdie18 wrote:We are going back some time now....Have you given up on the idea of a made to measure skirt suit or other garments ?

No, I haven't. I ordered a shirt-dress from that supplier that fits perfectly (once I shrunk into it properly (I botched the measurements)), and I'm thinking seriously about ordering another from "eShakti" which seems to have produced good results for a couple of other Skirt Cafe members.
I am now considering replacing my Kilt in my outfit with a smart made to measure skirt

Go for it.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
crfriend
Master Barista

Postby weeladdie18 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:10 pm

Carl ...Thank you for the encouragement....charcoal grey Short Argyle Kilt Jacket with matching waistcoat , white collar and tie.
One of the best skirts I have at present is a black straight skirt ,which is not tapered like a pencil skirt ,with two box pleats in the rear ;
so plenty of give in the hem....Which is just below the knee.....I was thinking...a male weight of skirt material for autumn wear
might be heavier than a female weight material .

When I had my last Kilt made , I spent 15 hours on the train to Scotland , and had my measurements taken by my Kilt Maker.....
probably ; true waist , hip measurement and waist to top of the knee cap measurement....The 8 yards of material was sent from the Mill overnight.
The Kilt was completely hand stitched and made up in 20 hours , pressed and dispatched within a week of my measurements being taken.

When I visited the Kilt Maker, I was wearing my old faithful Kilt which I had been wearing for over 35 years
My new jacket was an off the peg , short body fitting , with matching waistcoat...Rod.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Postby weeladdie18 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:36 pm

Whilst ,ouch , we are on the subject of our favourite new clothes ; I found a nice light weight summer skirt ,below the knee sunray pleated in " kaki "
with an elasticated waist band, then a similar skirt in black....both New Look in the sales in U.K...........Lovely cool skirts for the summer heat
Both at £ 12
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Previous

Return to Couture