Dance Floor Fashions

For those do-it-yourselfers...
SkirtDude

Dance Floor Fashions

Post by SkirtDude »

deleted
Last edited by SkirtDude on Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Dance Floor Fashions

Post by crfriend »

A skirt with a black background and red tie-dye-ish "spires" coming up from the hem, giving the effect of watching a fire at night.
That sounds very elegant, and is the sort of thing that might be positively wonderful done in velvet. Good for winter gatherings.
Black top, white dirndl skirt and saddle shoes. White elastic hair band too but I'll skip that since I had my hair whacked back to normal guy length. :evil:
Interesting. Hair bands can be fun if you have long hair (mine's waist-length) and are useful for providing a slight dash of colour. An "alice band" might be useful, too, although I've never tried one. Sapphire's got a tiara she wears on rare occasions that looks fabulous (although I suspect it'd be a bit "over the top" on a guy).
White top, tiered skirt with dark to light pink gradient (dark was at the top). The look was definitely good on an auburn haired woman, but my complection is slightly ruddy/red :oops: with dark brown hair so I'm not sure if it will compliment or clash.
If there's a colouring conflict between your complexion and the shirt try adding a vest (waistcoat) to adjust the colour balance a bit. If the imbalance is between the skirt and your legs, that's what legwear is for. The look sounds pretty good, and there's precisely no rational reason why men should be frightened by pink.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
sapphire
Member Extraordinaire

Post by sapphire »

Hi Skirt Dude,
Those are some nice looks that you are contemplating.

For the black and red skirt, have you considered applique? You could use various shades of red in llightweight slinky fabrics to create the "fire" look. Some of these fabrics come with a light sprinkling of sequins/beading that could contribute to the illusion of fire. Just be careful with the fabric weights that you choose.

The black and white with saddle shoes sounds very attraactive.

As for the tiered skirt in gradations of pink, please keep in mind that pink comes in many shades. Find shades that work for your complexion. Also, you might consider prints. If you go into the area where fabrics meant for quilting are, you can find many prints that coordinate with each other. The other colors in the prints may alter the overall shade of pink that the eye perceives into something that will work for you.

Best of luck and happy sewing.
SkirtDude

Post by SkirtDude »

deleted
Last edited by SkirtDude on Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
SkirtDude

finished!

Post by SkirtDude »

deleted