New denim skirt

For those do-it-yourselfers...
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

New denim skirt

Post by beachlion »

At last I finished a new denim skirt. It took me quite long because I'm also making a bandsaw. The fabric is heavy unwashed denim and it feels like the old fashioned jeans from the 50s, like card board. ;)
I needed to mow the grass so I took it out for the job. You feel the weight of the fabric and it is not likely to blow up in the wind. The model is made with the Skirtcalculator and the patern is made with SketchUp.
IMG_1025q.jpg
IMG_1029q.jpg
Around 7PM I went in the same outfit shopping. My only addition was a fanny pack because as a green card holder, I have to be able to show the card 24/7. I walked to the shopping mall, went to Rite Aid, then to Price Rite for coffe pods, to the liquor store for Sambuca and back to Rite Aid to pick up the pills. At Price Rite, I had to wait about 10 minutes in the Express lane and a girl of about 4 was looking at me with question marks in her eyes. But she did not consult her mother. Close to home I walked up to a young couple, 20isch, in a stiff argument. In passing, the woman looked down to the skirt, smiled an said:"Nice."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
Taj
Member Extraordinaire

Re: New denim skirt

Post by Taj »

Nice job! The whole look is really good.
You don't get to judge me by your standards. I have to judge me by mine.
Sikko

Post by Sikko »

Lekkâh bezig beachlion,
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Great job, I would wear that! Well done!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

Sikko wrote:Lekkâh bezig beachlion,
This is phonetically written in the dialect of low "Haags", the way they speak in The Hague, Netherlands. ;)
Meaning more or less: doing well.

Today I went to Price Rite again after getting money from the "flappentap" or ATM. I needed stuff for diner. The only reaction I observed came from 4 year old twin girls who were looking with big eyes for at least 5 minutes before they continued nagging their mother for candy. With the sudden surge in temperature, I have to switch to a lighter and slightly shorter skirt.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak