My newest two

For those do-it-yourselfers...
MoonDrake

My newest two

Post by MoonDrake »

My two newest creations the dress is an oil stained mechanics jumpsuit that never fit me in the crotch the second I made from scratch.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"When the gates of hell are full the dead shall walk the earth"
Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

Re: My newest two

Post by Sarongman »

Well done MD! I like those two, and especially the converted overalls. For some time now, I have been musing over the conversion of some bib & brace overalls, probably the "Key" brand from the U.S. I do have some 'Levi' brand skirtalls, but they are not as practical as the keyalls and so conversion of the keyalls looks very likely now. I must learn how to use a sewing machine! As I said, I like the two and, the dragon design is like surfkilts (sorry, tube sarongs) that I have.
It will not always be summer: build barns---Hesiod
MoonDrake

Post by MoonDrake »

Sarongman wrote:Well done MD! I like those two, and especially the converted overalls. For some time now, I have been musing over the conversion of some bib & brace overalls, probably the "Key" brand from the U.S. I do have some 'Levi' brand skirtalls, but they are not as practical as the keyalls and so conversion of the keyalls looks very likely now. I must learn how to use a sewing machine! As I said, I like the two and, the dragon design is like surfkilts (sorry, tube sarongs) that I have.

The coveralls are key brand, and the dragon print was made from a modified Walmart patern. I made it cause I wanted something loud and light feeling.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

That one with the dragon print is outstanding! Top marks!

Were you working from a pattern, and what material is the thing made from?
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
MoonDrake

Post by MoonDrake »

crfriend wrote:That one with the dragon print is outstanding! Top marks!

Were you working from a pattern, and what material is the thing made from?
A Walmart patern, and it's a light cotton print.
My 5 year old has a long sleeve button up in this fabric, I have no idea where or when he got this shirt but I thought it was an awesome print. I was at Wally World aka Walmart and seen a bolt of the same fabric my sons shirt was made from. I went to the pattern section and found a pleasing pattern that reminded me of the macabi I once owned went home got to work and here it is.