2nd culottes to skirt conversion.

For those do-it-yourselfers...
straightfairy
Member Extraordinaire

2nd culottes to skirt conversion.

Post by straightfairy »

Well having seen the items below in the store, inspected, and still thought they were a skirt, I thought I'd have a go at turning them into one, especially at £10 instead of £20

http://www.clothingattesco.com/trousers ... s-trousers

1st 2 pics are before conversion.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
straightfairy
Member Extraordinaire

Re: 2nd culottes to skirt conversion.

Post by straightfairy »

The next two show the new seams.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
straightfairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by straightfairy »

And the last 2 pics show the finished article.
For those who like to see faces, tough!
My gadget that holds my phone has bust a spring and won't hold it in place vertically anymore, and it's not worth replacing..
ramoninaskirt

Post by ramoninaskirt »

Nice job. Your conversion has given me a few ideas and with all the yard sales and rummage sales each year I'll have plenty of cheap material to experiment with. And hone my sewing skills. I have enough of an imagination that I don't have to see your face to get the idea. Thanks for posting this conversion.
' not just another pretty face'
straightfairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by straightfairy »

Thanks.
my face is visible elsewhere on the site, just couldnt do on these pics.
Jack Williams
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jack Williams »

Really nice job sraightfairy. Good idea to make horrible coulotts into skirts.

You've inspired me to get back at the sewing. Got another really good brown dress to retailor and hit with the dark brown dye. Their existing brown ("mocca") is a boring colour, but overdyes really well with the RIT dark brown. I sew them in down each side to the shape of my waist, (they come "relaxed fit") and take V out from neck at rear tapering to the waist, to bring the neck up, before then doing the sleeves to elbow length. They come as long, which is handy. I never wear long sleeves unless in a jacket or such.
The brown dresses are a lighter, and I guess softer material than the black ones, better perhaps for summer, and a change from the black.
Actually, I have ordered a couple of new skirts, travelling type from outdoor trecking etc gear company. Soft nylon a-la Macabi, but shorter. Should get them this week, one black and a light grey.That should dye into a good dark brown methinks. Unlike Macabi, these come in but those two colours.
And the only two colours I reckoned I needed in the Macabis was the black, and their light brown which I made perfect dark brown. So I'll have matching sets! Photo when achieved!
straightfairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by straightfairy »

I look forward to the results, Jack! :)
Jack Williams
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jack Williams »

Got those skirts today. No, the light grey one is, I think, really nice as is!
The black one, being nylon, is not as good a black as on my cotton things, but nylon dyes perfectly with the RIT dye, so I may just give that one an extra blacking.
I've put up a shot of the light one on "Jack Track".