Intriguing pattern...

For those do-it-yourselfers...
BrotherTailor

Intriguing pattern...

Post by BrotherTailor »

What do you think of this pattern as a sort of crossover garment?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Intriguing pattern...

Post by crfriend »

That looks like an intriguing rig, with a decidedly (US) "Western" flair to it, but I can't tell whether it's a split skirt (wide culottes) or an outright skirt. Both modes might work well, and based on some of the styles I see the "younger set" wearing these days that are essentially coulottes, the one pictured might work.

I've long toyed with the Japanese hakama idea, and recall seeing some theatrical garb that consisted of trousers so wide and full-cut that when the wearer was standing still one could not tell if it was trousers or a skirt -- and the effect was actually very nice. The actual motion of such a garment "in action" is quite a bit more complex than that of either a simple skirt or trousers because at a certain point the individual leg portions get almost up to skirt-like volumes which creates a lot of visual interest. I should fiddle with this idea to see how it pans out....
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
BrotherTailor

Post by BrotherTailor »

It is a Western style riding skirt, a split skirt. The front panel can button over as a skirt or button back for riding so they look like wide leg gaucho trousers. I've ordered the pattern and will make one up in khaki twill as an experiment.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

Interesting, but...If I want to wear wide trousers, I'll buy these new "very popular" mid calf trousers that have a crotch about 1 inch above the hem. Personally, I think they look silly, if one is going to wear that, they might as well wear a skirt. 8)
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
JRMILLER
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JRMILLER »

Here's a bigger pic, I personally like it. Always liked the western look:

http://www.jeanhardypatterns.com/images/pat115.jpg
-John

You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself (Rick Nelson "Garden Party")