Salon Or Barbers

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Re: Salon Or Barbers

Post by Since1982 »

My picture with the long hair is over a year old. I've not cut it since, except for small trims of (ugh)stiff gray hair which I remove from within my dark blond hair. On length, it comes to about 5 inches above my waist in the back and just covers my chest in front. Unfortunately, it's not nearly as thick as it used to be. I don't have male pattern baldness, it's just thinner from old age. I'll try to get a new head shot for my avatar so y'all can see my current look. :D :D :D
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
A+J

Post by A+J »

I have been going to a salon nearly ever since I started wearing female attire. I have just been to a barber one time since I started dressing as a woman from my waist down.
The reason I changed starting going to a salon was that I felt the barber I did go to coulden´t done my hair the way I wanted.
I have told you before I did want to have a bit more androgynous look. Asking my girlfreind what to do about it, she told me to try a salon.
I did and I´m very pleased with this. My hairdresser she fixed my hair just the way I wanted. I have it long a bit wavy (permed). I usually go there every third week or so.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

So I don't confuse anyone, my long hair does NOT look like a female perm, my long hair looks like a left over hippie from the 60's. I do NOT like or approve of full female attire or female hair styles. I'd rather see those fashions at a Crossdresser or Transvestite site, not here. This isn't my site so I have no say in the matter. These are just my opinions. :blue:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

I don't think wavy long hair is necessarily feminine looking. As long as the hair is not permed as curls {e.g., Golden Girls], layered, or frosted, I don't think of long hair as being necessarily feminine. My hair tends to have curls on the ends, and there are times when I use a straightening iron the make sure the hair, if it curls, curls inward. I prefer my hair to be straight; that will not happen until it gets longer.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

I go to a salon, but don't think of it as a male or female place. It's simply a place that I go to get my hair cut.

My hair is short, but I would have liked to have had it long so that I could headbang properly back in my 20s! All that heavy rock, and short hair. Boy, did I miss out....
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

When I was a wee one, I always longed to have really long hair -- and this includes the sad times when my parents had me shorn in crew-cuts. I've since outgrown that and have become one of the true "longhairs" that run at "terminal length".

Terminal length, when it comes to hair is where the system balances out as hairs reach their longest natural length and then fall out. I "balance" at slightly below waist length with wispy bits at the lowest reaches. Sapphire says this makes me look somewhat sloppy, but the mark is an unmistakable one and I'm rather happy with it.

I haven't been to stylist nor barber in decades save to occasionally get my beard trimmed.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
JRMILLER
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JRMILLER »

Carl wrote:
I haven't been to stylist nor barber in decades save to occasionally get my beard trimmed.
Now that is an advantage, think of the money you would save!
-John

You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself (Rick Nelson "Garden Party")