I repaired it!!!

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Pythos
Member Extraordinaire

I repaired it!!!

Post by Pythos »

After several hours of work, I was able to sew in a new zipper for my Cheongsam. The first attempt went bad, I mean it really looked awful. Somehow the way I sewed it in, made the fit of the dress really baggy in the wrong areas.

So I carefully removed the threads of the new zipper installation, and gave it another go. This time it worked, it fits just like it did with the old zipper. The zip is a little more visible, but it is black so it does not stand out.

As silly as it may sound, I am so happy to have my gown back!!!

For the final fitting I decided to forgoe my self imposed restriction from "fun" clothes, and take off everything, and slip on the hose I wore for the wedding, and then wriggle into the repaired gown. I am in it as we speak, and it feels great.

Now I need to find an event I can wear it to.
sapphire
Member Extraordinaire

Post by sapphire »

Good for you! I'm thrilled that you were able to repair it.

Getting the repair done successfully is reason enough to celebrate.

PARDEE!!! PARDEE!!
Donald

Post by Donald »

That's great news! I read your thread when I registered and saw how disappointed you were. I envy you to be able to make a successful repair. While I could probably do something similar, it sure as heck would not look neat. Of course, I do not own a sewing machine and thus have to make do with a needle and thread.
Peter v
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Peter v »

Pythos, that's great news, I think that as men are most straight bodied, and the dress you have looks to me to be more or less straight too, I would really like to see more men wearing that type of dress, as it looks so good, is very colourful, fresh too.

Peter v.
A man is the same man in a pair of pants or a skirt. It is only the way people look at him that makes the difference.