Leather Skirts

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Gregg1100
Member Extraordinaire

Leather Skirts

Post by Gregg1100 »

Hi All,
I was interested in one of these leather skirts from Leather Skirts.com, but unfortunately they don't ship outside of US. At $29.99, it is a good buy. Thought it was right length to go with my boots, leather jacket, helmet and bike, :D :shock:
Greg
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Leather Skirts

Post by crfriend »

I was interested in one of these leather skirts from Leather Skirts.com, but unfortunately they don't ship outside of US. At $29.99, it is a good buy. Thought it was right length to go with my boots, leather jacket, helmet and bike, :D :shock:
At US$2.00+ to the pound sterling what's their problem? I'd hope they'd ship to anyone interested in buying!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Gregg1100
Member Extraordinaire

Leather Skirts

Post by Gregg1100 »

Hi All,
I was wondering if anyone in the cafe who lives in that side of pond would be interested in sending one over for me. You would have to find out weight and postage to uk, then add it to skirt cost and something for your effort. An email to me, then I can send money by paypal.
Hope this is not too cheeky.
Regards,
Greg
Peter v
Member Extraordinaire

Leather skirts

Post by Peter v »

Mmmmmmm nice. They look really good. That's a nice christmas present. 8)

It states:

International Shipping

Many of the products that we carry are available for international shipping. We will provide you international shipping availability for each product when you are viewing the product information. International shipping costs have to be calculated manually*. Any international order that is placed will be stored in our system until shipping charges have been calculated. You will be contacted via email between 48 and 72 hours from the date of the order. You will be notified of these costs before your order is processed. Your credit card will not be charged until you have verified and accepted the charges. Due to the daily fluctuation in exchange rates, all price quotes will be given in U.S. dollars only. Shipping costs do not include duty, tax, or brokerage fees as these are billed separately.

Peter v.
A man is the same man in a pair of pants or a skirt. It is only the way people look at him that makes the difference.
Gregg1100
Member Extraordinaire

Leather Skirts

Post by Gregg1100 »

Hi ,
As it happens, they don't do one for my size-16. :( Ah well, very nice though.
Greg
stylerunway18

Re: Leather Skirts

Post by stylerunway18 »

Gregg1100 wrote:Hi All,
Greg
Maybe they have a minimum purchase bigger than that. I think $29.99 is too low to ship and looks like that you will pay much more than the product itself.
Peter v
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Peter v »

I really don't understand "we don't ship outside the US"
If you package a product, the only difference is the price of shipping. If the buyer is accoord with the postage costs, then what is the problem? That goes for practically everything sold.

Peter v.
A man is the same man in a pair of pants or a skirt. It is only the way people look at him that makes the difference.
sapphire
Member Extraordinaire

Post by sapphire »

There are certain US Customs regulations and import regulations, postal fees and currency conversions that the vendor may not choose to deal with.

When I was editor and publisher for a special interest magazine shipped worldwide I had to deal with those regulations. For me the regulations were trivial, but this vendor might not want to deal with them.
AMM
Member Extraordinaire

Post by AMM »

Peter v wrote:I really don't understand "we don't ship outside the US"
If you package a product, the only difference is the price of shipping. If the buyer is accoord with the postage costs, then what is the problem? That goes for practically everything sold.

Peter v.
In addition to what Sapphire said, I can think of a few other things that make international sales complicated:

1. Payment. European and U.S. banking systems are quite different, and dealing with payments between countries is complicated at best.

2. Legal systems. If you ship goods to another country, you may find that that country considers that you are doing business there, and subject to that country's laws about how you may do business. Note that U.S. courts do enforce judgements from foreign courts, so you can't just ignore a lawsuit in a foreign country.

Also, if a foreign customer manages to cheat you, it's a lot harder to do anything about it.

3. Customs and shipping. Some countries forbid import of some things, and charge high tariffs on others. International shipping presents greater possibilities of items getting damaged or disappearing. Any of these things will lead to unhappy customers and bad publicity.

None of these problems is insurmountable, but they require finding people with the necessary expertise, both to avoid the problems and to manage the risks. A large company (LL Bean, for instance) can afford to do this. A small (say, one-person) outfit may not be able to justify the cost in time and money.