Attention Wal-Mart shoppers

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
sapphire
Member Extraordinaire

Attention Wal-Mart shoppers

Post by sapphire »

Just a heads up to those of you within striking distance of a Wal-Mart.

I just picked up two lovely gored a-line velvet skirts. One is black and the other a rich red.
Peter v
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Attention Wal-Mart shoppers

Post by Peter v »

sapphire wrote:Just a heads up to those of you within striking distance of a Wal-Mart.

I just picked up two lovely gored a-line velvet skirts. One is black and the other a rich red.
Thanks for the tip, only a shame I'll have to fly over the ocean to buy them. :wink: :P

Peter v
A man is the same man in a pair of pants or a skirt. It is only the way people look at him that makes the difference.
sapphire
Member Extraordinaire

Post by sapphire »

OK can you translate your measurements into US misses size or just privately email me your waist and hip measurements? The skirts are $15 USD and I can post it or them to you, if you have that much interest.
Pythos
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pythos »

piccies?
SkirtDude

Post by SkirtDude »

deleted
Last edited by SkirtDude on Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

:idea: I need to start thinking of what color goes with a deep burgundy.
White and red come to mind. A white dress shirt atop a burgundy skirt goes quite nicely. Personally, I'd toss on my bright red vest (waistcoat) to really set the ensemble off. Add a sharp necktie if you're heading off into "formal territory".
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
r1g0r
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r1g0r »

how about a cream or off-white sweater?

could look quite good, depending on the color combination.
you know... george orwell warned us!
"Moderation is a colorless, insipid thing to counsel. To live less would not be living."
Sister M. Madeleva Wolff (1887-1964), CSC
Peter v
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Peter v »

sapphire wrote:OK can you translate your measurements into US misses size or just privately email me your waist and hip measurements? The skirts are $15 USD and I can post it or them to you, if you have that much interest.
That is very thoughtful, :oops: :D thank you very much for the offer, I will not go so far at the moment, BUT it is a thought to keep in mind. Really being able to SEE what it is that you may buy is important. But it is an oportunity to be able to buy things that you may want, and are not found on the internet, especially reduction sales.

Friendly regards,
Peter v.
A man is the same man in a pair of pants or a skirt. It is only the way people look at him that makes the difference.