Don't shoot me, but ...

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
sapphire
Member Extraordinaire

Post by sapphire »

Carpenter pants are also a good idea. It occurred to me that either work pants or, now, carpenter pants turned into a skirt would make a great gardening skirt. I'm always loosing track of my trowel and having a loop to hang it from would be most useful.
sapphire
Member Extraordinaire

Post by sapphire »

Peter v wrote:
And so there are still more variations possible, beat that with trousers!
Ah Peter, you have never seen what I have done with trousers. Back in my most nefarious incarnation as a biology student, I transferred my botantical illustrations into hand embroidered versions on a pair of worn out blue jeans. The embroidery covered and reinforced the thin areas of cloth.
SkirtDude

Post by SkirtDude »

deleted
Last edited by SkirtDude on Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter v
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Peter v »

sapphire wrote:Peter v wrote:
And so there are still more variations possible, beat that with trousers!
Ah Peter, you have never seen what I have done with trousers. Back in my most nefarious incarnation as a biology student, I transferred my botantical illustrations into hand embroidered versions on a pair of worn out blue jeans. The embroidery covered and reinforced the thin areas of cloth.
That's real um handy, with style! I really like flowery embroidery. Dont have any on my skirts yet, but it sur can be nice.

Peter v.
A man is the same man in a pair of pants or a skirt. It is only the way people look at him that makes the difference.
Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sarongman »

I once had a pair of flared jeans (yes! I am that old :shock: ) with red embroidery tapering from ankle to knee, and I loved those jeans. I loved the way the flares flapped around my ankles- a precursor of the joy of skirts, and the look also. Now some machine embroidery on a denim skirt is a definite thought without going towards "femme".
Peter v
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Peter v »

Sarongman wrote:I once had a pair of flared jeans (yes! I am that old :shock: ) with red embroidery tapering from ankle to knee, and I loved those jeans. I loved the way the flares flapped around my ankles- a precursor of the joy of skirts, and the look also. Now some machine embroidery on a denim skirt is a definite thought without going towards "femme".
Hey you're not the only one from that era.. :D

If "Femme" means having a operation to change your hanging... to a inward.... then we don't qualify at all. We keep saying "Femme" but what does it really mean? Doe you have to have a split between the legs? Or does it have nothing to do with that? Both women AND men can wear finer, attractive clothing, and is in no way bound by your sex. I think that most attractive outspoken clothing, like clothing with embroidery, tailored clothing, in general the more attractive clothing "Like that which women tend to wear" is just that. Very nice clothing. Why call it "Femme"? The word Femme in my vieuw seems to suggest being female. Finer freestyle, creative clothing is generally called Femme, but I would opt for any other name. Unless we can aliënate the word femme from the suggestion of being female.

So come on guys, let's think of a better name to break with the association with femme and women. that 'll be hard to do, but at least we can think about it during the long winter nights ahead.

Peter v.
A man is the same man in a pair of pants or a skirt. It is only the way people look at him that makes the difference.
sapphire
Member Extraordinaire

Post by sapphire »

Peter v,
I loved your response.

Why not call it "embellished" clothing vs "unembellished" clothing?
Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sarongman »

Embellished or unembellished hmmm, that does sound good, I think i'll go with it. What I meant by "femme" was the out and out(rageous) drag queen look as seen in the (Aussie) movie 'Priscilla Queen of the Desert'. I still believe in caution but, that is probably just my phobia :?
Jerry Young

Public Restroom Practices

Post by Jerry Young »

Hi Everyone,
Most public restrooms have partitions between stalls so it shouldn't be a problem, but if they don't they usually have stalls around toilets. I don't have a problem with or without partitions. I just don't want them staring at me while I am trying to pee. Which, in itself, is a whole other problem! :?
Jerry W. Young
Peter v
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Peter v »

sapphire wrote:Peter v,
I loved your response.

Why not call it "embellished" clothing vs "unembellished" clothing?
Yes, Sapphire,

em·bel·lish (m-blsh)
tr.v. em·bel·lished, em·bel·lish·ing, em·bel·lish·es
1. To make beautiful, as by ornamentation; decorate.
2. To add ornamental or fictitious details to: a fanciful account that embellishes the true story.

It is a very good word, only a bit tongue twisting to speak out. :? :wink:

peter v
AMM
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Don't shoot me, but ...

Post by AMM »

JRMILLER wrote:Subject: Don't shoot me, but ...
It hadn't actually occurred to me, but now that you mention it.... :twisted: