Where do we put our wallets?

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
SkirtDude

Re: A bag is a bag?

Post by SkirtDude »

deleted
Last edited by SkirtDude on Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Squach..

Post by Since1982 »

Quoting Sasq, Although "a small caliber pistol from the nineteenth century" might describe some of us old guys entirely too well! )....

You have friends, "old guys" that were born in the 1800's?? That makes them over 107...wow, that's really old. :)
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Peter v
Member Extraordinaire

Re: A bag is a bag?

Post by Peter v »

SkirtDude wrote:
JRMILLER wrote: I am sure everyone of us who have been shopping with our SO's has been handed "the purse" at least once to hold while our SO tries something on. The look on most men's faces including my own is generally sheer horror, like we have been handed some "dead thing." I have often held it at arms length just to convince anyone seeing me holding onto the "dead thing" it was not my own!
I think pretty much everybody has some of that deprogramming to do.

I don't mind carrying other women's purses for a few minutes but I have to admit I really dislike it when my mom asks me to go into her's after some item. She's diabetic and always carrying protein snacks like a ham and cheese sandwichs etc. Every once in a while the protein snack gets forgotten for a few days and then reappears from the bottom of the purse. Believe me, it can get pretty disgusting!
Eugh :? :? :(
But that is really to keep purse snatchers away. :wink:
A man is the same man in a pair of pants or a skirt. It is only the way people look at him that makes the difference.
shropshire steve

It's in the bag

Post by shropshire steve »

No wonder skirt wearing by men is such a hard nut to crack if men are so concerned about using a bag.
My limited knowledge of history suggests that bags are the way people of both sexes have carried their possessions for many ages. Indeed would I be right in thinking that pockets were developed from bags that were hung on clothing and then became attached to and part of the garment? So, all in all, how strange that in our 'enlightened?' modern age we seem to attach as much mystical signigicance to bags as we do to skirts.

Once they invented mobile phones and i had to carry one for work I started to give up on pockets and increasingly use a bag. I use a small black ASL travel shoulder bag, i cannot see it currently availalble but it is much like these;

http://www.blacks.co.uk/blacks.storefro ... oulder-bag

http://www.outdoorsmagic.com/review/rev ... /RER/2/v/2

Very practical and functional indeed i suspect some assume it is a camera bag. I have been using mine for some while and have not found any great surprise at me using it. Indeed some have been impressed when i can quickly whip out a note book diary and pen from my bag and deal with routine admin. Not only that but as a notorious key loser it has cut down on the number of times I lose my keys!
shropshire steve
SkirtDude

Post by SkirtDude »

deleted
Last edited by SkirtDude on Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Departed Member

Post by Departed Member »

I've just used a 'flight bag' since the 'restrictive hand luggage' regulations first came into effect at UK airports. As there's usually plenty of room for everything I need for a 'day out', then that's were it goes. If I do go out tr*usered ( :( ), these days, I rarely think to use those pockets, just relying on jacket or coat pockets. In any event, my 'wallet' consists of one of those small, plastic cash bags (you know, £5 in silver type!). Don't see many blokes with purses, these days, although I have noted quite a few Scots still use a purse when wearing a sporran, presumably to stop coins forever rolling back & forth! 8)
Peter v
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Peter v »

merlin wrote:I've just used a 'flight bag' since the 'restrictive hand luggage' regulations first came into effect at UK airports. As there's usually plenty of room for everything I need for a 'day out', then that's were it goes. If I do go out tr*usered ( :( ), these days, I rarely think to use those pockets, just relying on jacket or coat pockets. In any event, my 'wallet' consists of one of those small, plastic cash bags (you know, £5 in silver type!). Don't see many blokes with purses, these days, although I have noted quite a few Scots still use a purse when wearing a sporran, presumably to stop coins forever rolling back & forth! 8)
The scots do it for another reason, to stop people commenting "is that coins I hear or your's ... jingling down there? " :? :shock: :P :P :P

Peter v
A man is the same man in a pair of pants or a skirt. It is only the way people look at him that makes the difference.
SkirtDude

Post by SkirtDude »

deleted
Last edited by SkirtDude on Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

I use one of these in my sporran for my coins
http://tinyurl.com/36deyx
ziggy_encaoua
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ziggy_encaoua »

http://www.baba-store.com/mm5/merchant.mvc

Saw this whilst harvesting links thought I'd post here because I think some of the designs are gorgeous
sapphire
Member Extraordinaire

Post by sapphire »

At the moment I'm upstairs working on a different computer than the laptop I normallly use. The laptop is good for surfing, but has an evil, possessed keyboard that drives me to tears.

So here I am at a desk surveying the detritus of my life and what do I find? A neck wallet, basically a pouch on a cord that one can wear about one's neck.

It is about 3 inches wide and about 5 inches high, made of waterprooof fabric and has two zippered pockets. On the back is a pocket covered by transparent plastic

It was given out as a promotional item at one of the Cat Fanciers Association Annual Meetings that I attended. It is manufactured by SSturdiProducts, a company that makes pet carriers and pet shelters/show cages.. They make fabulous produts for that purpose.

The neck wallets are sold on Studi's website and cost $10 USD and come in a blinding array of colors. http://www.SturdiProducts.com

I find it really useful when flying as they ask to see id at least 475 times. I just plunk mine in the transparent pouch.
DavidsSkirts

Bags for men...

Post by DavidsSkirts »

I have three satchel/shoulder type bags, in more masculine/unisex styles, colours and materials...

One that is just big enough for a wallet or purse, mobile phone, guide book or digital camera, and some essentials;
One about double the size of the above, in a military-camo' style, which could probably just fit enough for a days activities - with some judicious packing;
And a traditional satchel style bag, that could carry a notebook computer as well as all the above supplies, and maybe even your lunch, and/or some gear for an overnight stay..

8)

[When I have a photo ready I might add it here - one day..].
David...
Lake Macquarie (aka paradise..); NSW; Australia.
ziggy_encaoua
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ziggy_encaoua »

just came across this site I thought folk might like the bags sold