Where do we put our wallets?

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
SkirtDude

Post by SkirtDude »

deleted
Last edited by SkirtDude on Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Clips

Post by Since1982 »

I own a wallet, but haven't used it in at least 15 years for anything other than dead storage in a drawer for things I need to have ready for official type people to see. Like Voters card, car registration, numbers of various bank accounts and debit card numbers that I seldom use.

On a TV ad about 10 years ago I saw a combo silver and stainless steel money clip that has a spring steel clip on one side for all the credit cards and important cards, ie: AARP, Life Insurance, Drivers License, various fishing licenses, boat registrations, a couple of blank checks and an impossible to lose from clip on the other side for up to 30 separate paper money bills, making you able to carry up to $3,000.00 or less in cash, all encapsulated in a space no bigger than 3 in. by 2 in. by 1 in. thick.

Personally, I never carry more than $250.00 cash and seldom even that much. This clip I have that I bought 3 of, cost only $9.95 plus S+H each and if you bought up to 3 clips at a time you only needed to pay one S+H fee.

For a clip like this, you really don't need a very big pocket. I have all the pockets on my skirts either in the side seams or sewn in by me on the inside of the skirt so they are completely out of sight and the skirt looks like it has no pockets at all. Small if any bulge and most of my pocketed skirts are dark colors so it's harder yet to see any pockets. 8)
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Sasquatch
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sasquatch »

sapphire wrote:Toolbelt?

Codpiece?

Sock?

Bra (Oops, that's me) :lol:
How 'bout in a thigh garter...next to your Derringer!
Sasq

PS That's Derringer, not Dillinger, you dirty minds! :oops: A Derringer being a small caliber pistol from the Nineteenth Century proverbially worn by saloon gals in their thigh garters. (Although "a small caliber pistol from the nineteenth century" might describe some of us old guys entirely too well! :wink: )
Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!

Hunter/Garcia
sapphire
Member Extraordinaire

Post by sapphire »

I know what a Derringer is and I like your suggestion
Peter v
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Peter v »

sapphire wrote:I know what a Derringer is and I like your suggestion
That sounds like a marketing chance for someone, thigh wallets, certainly popular with the men, who buy them for their women, :oops: :? 8)

I think it is an interesting Idea against pik pockets. Although when paying for something, or showing your papers to a police man, :oops: may be tricky.

Underpants with long pipes , Boxer shorts, with a pocket sewn on may be suitable for flexible papers, but anything else would be uncomfortable.

Just buy a nice bag, in whatever style suits you. And keep it held fast, against the purse snatchers. O what about a shoulder gun holster, being made as a purse? Again a marketing idea for somebody. Draw your purse carefully, otherwise you may have a gun in your face :shock: :shock: :shock:

I think I'll stay with my leather purse. But I still like the garter band, very attractive, just for fun. May be a good place to keep the house or car key.

Peter v
A man is the same man in a pair of pants or a skirt. It is only the way people look at him that makes the difference.
Departed Member

I use a handbag

Post by Departed Member »

All,

Since I prefer a dressy, tailored look when I go femme, I usually have no pockets with me at all...unless I'm also wearing a jacket. Living in a mild climate, there are many times when a jacket would be too warm, so regardless of season, I always carry an handbag. It's not a feminine item either. I have two camera bags and a laptop type of cloth satchel that I usually carry. Thus everything and then some goes into a hand-held item.

This works great for me.

Regards, John
rick

Post by rick »

I own several man bags from a small rather elegant leather number with a hand loop to alarge canvas shoulder bag. They're very useful even when wearing shorts. For some reason i find a always have to hike them up when pockets are full. The one draw back of the man bag is, that like most women, I tend to load it with all sorts of irrelevant stuff. The biger the the bag the more rubbish. My advice is Keep It Simple.
Rick
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

I have a selection of shoulder bags, which I choose depending on what I need to carry. My wife jokes that I have a bigger selection of bags than she does! The only time I tend not to have one with me is in the winter, when I've probably got a thick coat on with several pockets for my wallet, mobile, and camera etc, which normally go in my bag

Bryan
sapphire
Member Extraordinaire

Post by sapphire »

The advice to Keep it Simple is good.

I prefer small bags for myself. I've learned that toting around tons of extraneous stuff is a waste of energy and an impediment to efficient operations.

I especially like bags that have a long shoulder strap, so I can sling the bag over my neck and across my body, bandolero style. This not only makes things harder for purse snatchers, but also allows me to have both hands free.
ziggy_encaoua
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Where do we put our wallets?

Post by ziggy_encaoua »

JRMILLER wrote:Oh noble skirt donners,
Having just obtained a nice skirt with an elastic waistband (my favorite kind of waistband) I am contemplating shopping. Where or where do I put my wallet?

-john
Here's the start of a few suggestions

http://www.defiant-angel.com/shop_bags.htm
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

I'm not ashamed to say I have a woman's handbag which I use on my outings (like sapphire, mine has a long strap which I loop across my body for security). I mean, what's the big deal? A bag is a bag is a bag, nothing to get one's knickers in a twist over. The notion of going out with those small, borderline useless pockets bulging with keys and my wallet is flat out unsightly, something I just plain don't like, not in the slightest.
JRMILLER
Member Extraordinaire

A bag is a bag?

Post by JRMILLER »

JeffB wrote "A bag is a bag is a bag, nothing to get one's knickers in a twist over. "

I am sure everyone of us who have been shopping with our SO's has been handed "the purse" at least once to hold while our SO tries something on. The look on most men's faces including my own is generally sheer horror, like we have been handed some "dead thing." I have often held it at arms length just to convince anyone seeing me holding onto the "dead thing" it was not my own!

I have a lot of deprogramming to do!
-John

You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself (Rick Nelson "Garden Party")
Pythos
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pythos »

Yes you do.

But then again so do many people.
JRMILLER
Member Extraordinaire

That's why

Post by JRMILLER »

Pythos,
That's why I hang around this group, seems to be the best fit for me.
-John

You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself (Rick Nelson "Garden Party")
Peter v
Member Extraordinaire

Re: A bag is a bag?

Post by Peter v »

JRMILLER wrote:JeffB wrote "A bag is a bag is a bag, nothing to get one's knickers in a twist over. "

I am sure everyone of us who have been shopping with our SO's has been handed "the purse" at least once to hold while our SO tries something on. The look on most men's faces including my own is generally sheer horror, like we have been handed some "dead thing." I have often held it at arms length just to convince anyone seeing me holding onto the "dead thing" it was not my own!

I have a lot of deprogramming to do!
Hallo John, very true. Very recognisable. Is it because we don't want to be associated with what's in the bag? Lipstic, period tampons, makeup and such? Is that the stigma we're really affraid of?
Then it is actually really dumb of us men, 'cause we know that men without makeup ON, don't have make up in their bag, (and so what then) don't have tampons, OF COURSE, etc. Of course nothing's simple. Who other can dare to say what it is that we want to SHOW THE OTHERS TO that we take distance from? As WE ourselves know there is no anthrax in the bag of our partners, yet we act demonstratively for the onlookers, as if there were.

When We are wearing skirts, and have a handbag, ANY bag, then it's OUR bag, and we are men, so they are ALL our bags, men's bags when we wear them. And THAT is still wrong, 'cause again that is said just to satisfy THE OLOOKERS again.

So as most of us seem to do, we just wear what we have, that's ours, end of story. If anybody has doubts about what may be in there, even a nice chromed double barrelled Derringer :roll: :wink: let them ask. And we'll just say none of you're Da...d business and smile.

Even if the bag has recognisable styling from the woman's department, then so what? It just shows that you like that style of bag that a manufacturer has made. No big deal.

I myself like a simple bag, as do also many women. But of course women generally like to show off more than men do, so their bags are often adorned with extra features. As with the clothes, women's bags follow the fashion changes. Men's bags (neutral plain bags) tend to stay much the same. Again this men's and women's bag thing should be: Bags, from simple functional to over the top fashionable. Just pick the one which you like. with wide belts, narrow belts, pockets and so on. The whole "men's and woman's terminology could be done with I would think.

Peter v.

Edit: 9-11-2007

Henry Derringer produced the first of his small pistols in 1825. It soon became popular with professional gamblers and others who did not want people to know they had a gun. Other companies such as Colt and Remington began manufacturing small pistols. All these pocket guns became known as derringers. John Wilkes Booth used a derringer to kill Abraham Lincoln.
Last edited by Peter v on Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
A man is the same man in a pair of pants or a skirt. It is only the way people look at him that makes the difference.