Contadiction no pants yes

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Charlie »

bmaxim wrote:Regardless of what I wear under my skirt or kilt - it does not smash things as uncomfortably as sitting in trousers for long periods of time
... which is one reason why I did a 3-hour maths exam in a denim kilt the other day, plus an hour drive to and from the exam centre.

After, a guy asked about the kilt, saying he'd never seen a denim kilt, but had got married in a traditional one. I said they're great for driving in, and he look sort of ... thoughtful 8)

Charlie
If I want to dress like a woman, I'll wear jeans.
Peter v
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Peter v »

crfriend wrote:
The only thing [regarding cars and skirts] is to carefully gather the skirt around you before getting in or you have a yard of fabric stuck in the door. :roll:
This is the skill I term "management". It's an acquired skill to be certain, us blokes just aren't used to worrying about such things because we never grew up worrying about them the way women may have. So, we need to learn it "on the fly" -- and pretty darned quickly, too, else we'll destroy our new clothes in short order.

One other item I thought of the other day, and it's a paraphrase on some advice I heard many years ago about "guys who have long hair and "play with it" look effeminate". The advice was, "It's not a girly thing, it's a long hair thing". In other words, the style influences certain behaviours rather than the behaviours defining the individual. The same applies to well-executed skirt-management -- it's not a feminine thing, it's a skirt thing and just happens to go with the territory if we want to wear our skirts in a skillful manner.

One has to admit, the sight of a skirt hanging out of a closed car-door is pretty sad. I've been there and done that, despite best intentions, but at least I never pulled out of the driveway with my hem hanging out the door (touch wood).
Well spoken, about it being a skirt thing, not a femme thing.
This is the new way of thinking and verbalisation we must work on together.

Peter v
A man is the same man in a pair of pants or a skirt. It is only the way people look at him that makes the difference.