Do you think that ...

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
CJFMix

Do you think that ...

Post by CJFMix »

Individuals can evolve fast , but society evolves slow ...
Today's teens , take their Cd'ing more openly then previous generations !!!

Have you seen lately , men in suits , wearing the matching skirt , in Germany ???

Or , in France , Gerbe stated a new line of pantyhose and tights for men ???

Do you think that , in 5 - 10 years , "alternative fashion for men"
will be an established trend of fashion ???
When you look good , you can go anywhere !!!
jamie001
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Do you think that ...

Post by jamie001 »

Maybe in the countries that you mentioned but not in America. There are too many homophobe rednecks in America that incorrectly equate wearing fem items with being homosexual. It will probably require 50 to 100 years in America if it ever happens. :(

CJFMix wrote:Individuals can evolve fast , but society evolves slow ...
Today's teens , take their Cd'ing more openly then previous generations !!!

Have you seen lately , men in suits , wearing the matching skirt , in Germany ???

Or , in France , Gerbe stated a new line of pantyhose and tights for men ???

Do you think that , in 5 - 10 years , "alternative fashion for men"
will be an established trend of fashion ???
jamie001
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamie001 »

Another questions is: "Why do we need pantyhose and tights for blokes?" Why can't blokes just buy and wear female pantyhose? That is what I do. I usually get the sheer pantyhose to show-off my red polished toenails. The pantyhose that are marketed to men do not have sheer toes and therefore wouldn't show my polished toes. It seems that every time that they make an article of clothing for males, they must differentiate it from the female equivalent in some way. I will bet that the pantyhose that are made for blokes are not even called "pantyhose'. I am sure that they give them some kind of male name because the male ego is too damn fragile that it couldn't ever accept a fem name like "pantyhose". Can you say Lame?

I wear pantyhose and am proud to wear them and too call them "pantyhose" because that is what they really are.

Jamie
Fashion Freedom for Men!!
No Fear of the "F-word" Here!!
SkirtDude

Post by SkirtDude »

deleted
Last edited by SkirtDude on Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
jamie001
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamie001 »

I agree with everything except "heavier weight fabric". It should be an option with the the traditional lightweight sheer feminine style also being an option. Otherwise your points are well-taken.

SkirtDude wrote:
jamie001 wrote:"Why do we need pantyhose and tights for blokes?" Why can't blokes just buy and wear female pantyhose? That is what I do.
Me too.

Having never bought tights / pantyhose intended for men I can't clam to know much, but some features that would be really nice would include:

- Sizing charts that understand the fact that men carry their weight in their belly not their hips

- Heavier weight fabric

- A fly
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Jamie,

Manufacturers like Activskin name a product so that it will sell. They would be complete lunatics to call them pantyhose outright as a core of their sales pitch. However, the word does appear in their website, so they are openly admitting the nature of the product.

It's a delicate balancing act, and they are pushing into a very small market. I buy lots of "womens" tights, but I also buy Activskin, because they are (gasp) comfortable. Remember that most men would not appreciate sheer toes (although my Activskins do have sheer toes) so what's the point in putting them in? Market forces, dear boy; market forces... 8)