Need Some Help

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
DavidsSkirts

Skirts or pants?

Post by DavidsSkirts »

I don't see any particular reason not to wear a skirt to such a hearing...
Whether I wore trousers or a skirt, they would still both follow the more traditional and conservative guidelines as suggested by Emerald Witch and a couple of others earlier on here..
And the skirt would be closer to knee length than mini for such an appearance, as it then should not detract from the presentation.

8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
David...
Lake Macquarie (aka paradise..); NSW; Australia.
Pythos
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pythos »

That's not a bad look. Congrats. Perhaps a smile or at least less of a sad look.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Pythos wrote:That's not a bad look. Congrats. Perhaps a smile or at least less of a sad look.
Yes, that is a good look. It's a nice conservative (note: when I use that term I use it in the classic dictionary sense, not in the modern "political sense") look, and it works quite well.

David's scowl I'm familiar with as well; early shots of me in skirts show the same facial expression. I was trying to look "serious" and it just got out of hand.

David -- That looks like a wrap-skirt of some kind. May I ask where it came from? It looks intriguing.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
DavidsSkirts

The skirt in my photo...

Post by DavidsSkirts »

crfriend wrote:
Pythos wrote:That's not a bad look. Congrats. Perhaps a smile or at least less of a sad look.
Yes, that is a good look. It's a nice conservative (note: when I use that term I use it in the classic dictionary sense, not in the modern "political sense") look, and it works quite well.

David's scowl I'm familiar with as well; early shots of me in skirts show the same facial expression. I was trying to look "serious" and it just got out of hand.

David -- That looks like a wrap-skirt of some kind. May I ask where it came from? It looks intriguing.
That is a hemp wrap skirt, from Mountain Designs here in Australia - unfortunately it's not in their current catalogue, but I hope they bring it back sometime, as I would like to get another (spare, maybe a size smaller..);
The shirt is also in a hemp material, and is made by Kathmandu, a New Zealand based 'outdoorsy' company, with shops in NZ, Oz and the UK..
don't know if they have it in stock or not...

The skirt - http://www.mountaindesigns.com.au

The shirt - http://www.kathmandu.com.au
David...
Lake Macquarie (aka paradise..); NSW; Australia.
Pythos
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pythos »

That's another sad note on our society. If you look at pictures of fighting groups of america during or after WWII, the soldiers, airmen, marines, smiled in their group photos. Nowadays, or at least for a long while the group photos had people with these cold and glaring looks on their faces. Probably trying to put across an image of seriousness. The same goes for business pictures. It is truly sad that a scowl means more than just a pleasant look on ones face.

I have noticed this trend dying away...thank the maker.
Peter v
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Peter v »

Pythos wrote:That's another sad note on our society. If you look at pictures of fighting groups of america during or after WWII, the soldiers, airmen, marines, smiled in their group photos. Nowadays, or at least for a long while the group photos had people with these cold and glaring looks on their faces. Probably trying to put across an image of seriousness. The same goes for business pictures. It is truly sad that a scowl means more than just a pleasant look on ones face.

I have noticed this trend dying away...thank the maker.
May be it's just what the photographer said to do: Smile, or look serious.

He' I rekkon it's just the "bloody hot sun" shining down on David's face.
Wish I was there...Good old Aus. :P :P

But the skirt is nice.

Peter v.
A man is the same man in a pair of pants or a skirt. It is only the way people look at him that makes the difference.