From the Fashion News

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
sapphire
Member Extraordinaire

From the Fashion News

Post by sapphire »

I thought I'd get a bunch of fashion magazines, both men's and women's, to see what there was to see.

THere was one little mag called "Fashion Mini" that held a couple of gems that I wanted to share.

On page 50 (middle of the mag) is a picture of artist Terrence Koh in simple, long black kimono. It's a modern update on the kimono and seems to be made out of black satin.

Later, on page 72, is a picture of designer Jean Paul Gaultier in a red and ***** plaid skirt, red and black jacket and black and white striped T shirt. Unfortunately, he's also wearing trousers under the skirt. He would have looked better with tights.

It may not be much but hey, it's a start.

If you can find this mag, take a look at the pix and let me know what you think.
Pythos
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pythos »

The trouser with skirt look is wreched. Men think it is a good look for skirts for men, I think it looks awful.
crfriend
Master Barista

Wretched is in the eye of the beholder...

Post by crfriend »

Pythos wrote:The trouser with skirt look is wreched. Men think it is a good look for skirts for men, I think it looks awful.
I believe it was Merlin that summed the look up pretty well as "childish" -- on either men or women. I'm not sure what drives women to adopt the "look" (can they not be aware that they look silly?), but can well imagine that men do it because their minds cannot escape the conditioning that they need to wear tr*users on their lower halves.

Clearly, Gaultier falls into that trap -- and, dammit, he should know better. I'll forgive Beckham; he's just a jock. ;)

Note that this complaint does not necessarily apply to some of the very posh salwar kameez out there -- some of those can be splendid, but it's a very short distance from spendid to silly and the wearer needs to be careful.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!