Here are some samples of my styling.

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.

So what do think of this guy's style?

Awesome, this is true freestyle
38%
This is a good start
19%
It is ok
14%
odd
14%
freaky
10%
too feminine
5%

Total votes: 21

BrotherTailor

Post by BrotherTailor »

There's only one way to do it good, and that's the expensive way. Have anything you want tailor made to your specs. As that's just fantasy for most of us, we look at clothing which we can actually buy.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know who these ripoff tailors and seamstresses are , but they seem to be everywhere :evil:

It really irks me every time I read a comment about how pricey custom made clothes are. There are likely a lot of stupid greedy tailors out there charging way too much, and thus driving all tailors out of business. Please don't think we all overcharge. I know what fabric costs, I know what I have to have for labour, I can make you a shirt, skirt, dress or whatever precisely to fit for very little or NO more than you would pay at an upper end shop. (this is why I'll never be wealthy...)

Shop around, hunt down every tailor and seamstress and ask for a quote on the same garment, tell them you want a silk shirt and let them measure you. compare. if one guy wants 50 bucks and another wants 100, then something's fishy. He should be able to have the shirt ready next day, or the day after that if you need a fitting. Report all the crooks to the Better Business Bureau.
Sasquatch
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sasquatch »

You have the body to pull off most any style you choose, and you are certainly bolder than me in what you wear in public. I liked the high slit dress and hose but agree that the ankle boots didn't work well. Keep looking at Zappos and other websites and you'll eventually find that shoe style that is suitably chic without being excessively feminine.

A lot of the indoor photos were hard for me to judge due to your affinity for black (nothing wrong with that) and the wooden door for a background. The outdoor photos were much better lit and looked good.

Carry on!

Sasq
Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!

Hunter/Garcia