What makes a skirt masculine?

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: What makes a skirt masculine?

Post by STEVIE »

Hi Carl,
I'd agree about the surfeit of denim. I still see that there seems to be an obsession with "pockets".
I don't do much that I consider flamboyant as most of my skirts are office/work wear.
Denim, pocketed, I have one. Ironically, that is now reserved for "dress down days". Oh how times have "moved on", to quote Stephen King.
Colour wise, I stick to conservative black, blue and grey. However, the styles vary from full, almost circular, pleated and straight pencil.
These skirts, no pockets ,I make do with jackets and a serviceable rucksack for the bigger stuff.
The "original question", a previous answer, "the wearer".
Rainbow, welcome to the cafe. You will get some attentative behaviour here as you are something of a rarity.
I'd agree about the lack of choice in menswear. However, given the breadth of choice in womenswear there is also real quality stuff, like all quality ,it's comparitively expensive.
Compare this though, a bog standard skirt for a guy as opposed to a really well made high quality female skirt?
Steve.