Converse unisex platform shoes/heels

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Converse unisex platform shoes/heels

Post by Coder »

https://www.converse.com/shop/p/chuck-7 ... 5347C.html

These aren’t my style, kinda costly - but I found it interesting they were being sold as unisex AND going as high as a men’s 13.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Converse unisex platform shoes/heels

Post by JeffB1959 »

Coder wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:23 pm https://www.converse.com/shop/p/chuck-7 ... 5347C.html

These aren’t my style, kinda costly - but I found it interesting they were being sold as unisex AND going as high as a men’s 13.
Meh! Not my style either. If I’m going to wear heels, and I do, I’ll just go to the women’s side of the store.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

I think this is one for the kids.
As for "unisex", in the 70s, males and females wore platform shoes and boots which were gender neutral in many cases.
I'd certainly have worn these as a teen in a heartbeat.
Not as casual but here's an example.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Myopic Bookworm
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Myopic Bookworm »

I would wear them (I like that style of high top trainer), and I found them on the UK site, but although I like them, I don't think I '£115' like them. And you're right, they're not really for my age group :(
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

I’m mostly curious what their sales expectations are. All of the product images feature women wearing them, yet they decided to brand them as unisex. As you point out Stevie, these are reminiscent of the 70’s. I think I saw them on Instagram, but true to corporate form they weren’t styled on guys.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Coder wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:27 am I’m mostly curious what their sales expectations are. All of the product images feature women wearing them, yet they decided to brand them as unisex. As you point out Stevie, these are reminiscent of the 70’s. I think I saw them on Instagram, but true to corporate form they weren’t styled on guys.

Funny you should say that, I noticed the same thing, not a single picture of a man modeling the shoes.

Dare I say, If the price was just a tad bit lower I almost think I would give these a try? Maybe?
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

STEVIE wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:20 am I think this is one for the kids.
As for "unisex", in the 70s, males and females wore platform shoes and boots which were gender neutral in many cases.
I'd certainly have worn these as a teen in a heartbeat.
Not as casual but here's an example.
I’m old enough to remember TV shows and movies where pimps wore junk like that, not to mention seeing it in public for real. Not my thing since I loathe platforms.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

I bought a pair of these since I wanted to add Converse to my boot collection. I bought them in May 2023 and used them in London to shop with my daughter. The heels are so big that it is impossible to fall of them, so if you have never tried heels, then these could be an easy start. Converse now also sell these in more colours and some are being sold at reduced price.
On the Tube
At 'The Cinema' inside the Selfridges department store, Oxford Street, London. (I had a hand in the lighting control of the public spaces of the cinema which was why I was showing my daughter the cinema entrance)
Also paired them with my new tartan skirt, just the other day.
Daily, a happy man in a skirt...
jamie001
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamie001 »

Wow I really love those shoes, especially the pink ones on the Converse website.
MrSoapsud

Post by MrSoapsud »

I'd like to see anyone play basketball in those Converse, although I guess they get you closer to the hoop?
Just curious about the suggest of 2 sizes difference depending on your sex - is that what people generally find? When I've bought shoes/boots from "the other aisle" they've been around the same size as my "normal" ones.
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

Even though I am in the uk, I find that the European scale where I am a 43 gets past the UK and US sizing which has different scales for male and female. Most major brands match their sizing to the euro scale for international sales. When I bought my pair I just selected my standard size and even though they have heels, they fitted fine. I am 60 so my basket ball days are well over. Having said that, I did follow my daughter all over London that day and she is not know to walk slow being a Londoner now.
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

jamie001 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:23 am Wow I really love those shoes, especially the pink ones on the Converse website.
Many thanks Jamie001, I love them too.
Some colours are in a sale at the moment. Converse also do wedges now as well.