Thigh high boots

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
steamman

Thigh high boots

Post by steamman »

Does anyone here style thigh high boots with skirts and/or dresses? This is a look I’ve always wanted to try and I’d like to do it in 2023. Would be interested in hearing any style tips. I am thinking a short dress is probably a good idea, but quite loose fitting.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Thigh high boots

Post by nzfreestyler »

Hi

yes I have several pairs - although I wear knee boots more in the colder part of the year than up to my thighs
I mostly wear them with a mini - and some bare skin between my hemline and my boots - so its more fitted minis I wear.

I wear knee boots with a dress or a skirt - but haven't worn a dress with either otk or my thigh high styles.
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Post by phathack »

I could not find and Thigh High boots in my size.
I do have several different Knee High boots that I wear when its cooler.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

nz is right, thigh boots work best with a short skirt or dress. What heel height were you interested in? They run the gamut from flats to five inches, so that should also be taken into consideration.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

good point from JeffB
If you're going for a heeled boot then in terms of styling I think a skirt is the way to go.
Dare I say it - I also wear short shorts with thigh boots - but thats not a lot different than a mini except they can be more daring in terms of how much leg you show.

I woiuld say definitely go for a tailored mini - and any top would almost do provided your skirt is fitted - then just let your boots make the outfit!
steamman

Post by steamman »

I prefer high heels to flats, particularly stilettos. I’ve been looking at how ladies style them, I am thinking a short leather skirt and a turtle neck pullover top would work.

For those of you who want thigh boots but can’t seem to get them in your size, there are some European made to measure boots you can buy, look up Fernando Berlin for example. Very expensive, but high quality.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

steamman wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:37 am I prefer high heels to flats, particularly stilettos. I’ve been looking at how ladies style them, I am thinking a short leather skirt and a turtle neck pullover top would work.

For those of you who want thigh boots but can’t seem to get them in your size, there are some European made to measure boots you can buy, look up Fernando Berlin for example. Very expensive, but high quality.
If that’s the case, then a four inch heel would work best with a short skirt in my opinion. That’s always been my limit which afforded me both style and comfort.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

It's one of those items that I have always fantasised about but I suspect the reality would not meet up to the fantasy. In practical terms they would be difficult to put on (I'm quite a bit on the heavy side and full of arthritis all over), even if I could find anything that would fit my enormous feet and even bigger thighs. Perhaps 50 years go when I had the legs for it I would have been fine, but not now. I'll just admire them on other legs.
Ralph!
FNewt25

Post by FNewt25 »

Yeah, I think that I have the same problem everyone else has when it comes to OTK boots is the sizing and shape. I can't really find comfortable ones in my size although I've always wanted to own them. I wore my ex-gf's OTK boots a while back as she had a big shoe size and the ones she had were amazing.

For now, I just wear knee-highs like you guys as I have about 6 pairs as three of them are male boots and the other three are female boots. I mainly wear the male ones these days since they're more comfortable and as I've aged my feet don't do well in heeled boots anymore. When I used to present in female, I wore the female ones, but I only present in male now exclusively, so I go with the male ones with my dresses and skirts. Whenever, I take a late night walk, I keep my nighties on and wear my knee-high boots with them even in the summertime. I always go bare-legged so you can see my skin between the top of the boots and lower thighs.